Saturday, January 25, 2014

Special Birthday Ninja

About a month ago Emmett and I were conversing over lunch and I started asking him about his birthday. He very seriously said, "let's go into the other room and talk about it." Which we did. It was serious business! Then I got out a paper and started taking notes making sure I could accommodate his birthday desires. 
Me, "What do you want to eat at your birthday M?"
M, "chicken, ceasar salad, green beans, and chocolate cake."
Me, "you don't even like green beans!"
M, "I know, but the other people will like them."

Then a couple days later we made a special shopping trip where I let him pick out the chips he wanted for his party. He picked cheetos. Duh. He comes to the cart with two bags. When I asked him why two bags he said, "because I am having two parties!" Very true. Funny guy.

When I asked Emmett who he wanted to come to his party he said, "Kate!" Super cute that he loves and misses his cousin so much. When I explained that Kate would come to the family party and asked him who he wanted for the friends party he said, "Jackson and Ryan (brothers) and Charolette and Elliot (cousins). Perfect! In years past I would have suggested other friends to add to the list but, recognizing my own limits (remember resolution) I decided to leave it be. I could do a party for 5 and if Emmett was happy that's all that matters. Why make more work for myself, right.

Love this boy so much!! Can't believe he is 4 years old. My little Ninja.

 Emmett is really into Ninjago Legos. He loves legos so much! I went with the Green Ninja birthday theme since the Green Ninja is his current favorite.
 The party guests and Emmett decorated their own Ninja's to start. 
 Then they played punch down the Ninja balloons for a while (pinterest idea).
 Then they stuck the bandanna on the Ninja.
 Followed by lunch of Emmett's favorites:
Peanut butter and Jelly
Cheetos
Grapes
String cheese
carrot sticks
 Then cake and candles and presents.
It was a fun little party with lots of sweet little friends.

 On Saturday, his actual birthday, we were in Arlington for Braxton's wrestling tournament. I made blueberry muffins for breakfast for Emmett and Adelle and I sang to him since Jeff and Brax had to leave early for weigh-ins. 
After the wrestling tournament we asked Emmett where he wanted to go eat and he picked Pizza so we went to Pizza Factory in Arlington. When the manager saw us singing to Emmett he brought Emmett a brownie on the house which was very well received.
 That night the cousins were in town so they came over and watched Despicable Me 2, one of Emmett's birthday gifts and new favorite movie of all time, with the kids and then we had a slumber party.
Sunday we went to church. Emmett is a Sunbeam now at church which means he is in an actual class and no longer in the nursery. 

 After church we went out to my mom and dad's for Emmett party, take 3. The boys played lots of football outside, we rooted for the Seahawks, and ate yummy food and treats. 
 Emmett was spoiled again with lots of legos and other gifts. 
 He loved his chocolate chip mint oreo ice cream cake and...
 the Ninja sugar cookies that Jeff and Braxton decorated while he was taking a nap.
(notice some are Ninjas and some are football players or #12 fans)
Then the Birthday continued this week as Emmett got taken out for lunch two times, each time with a special Auntie who loves to spoil him. 

Happy Birthday Emmett!



1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a sweet guy. Happy Birthday, Em!