Thursday, January 23, 2014

The start of a New Year



Pictures by my talented, sweet friend, Amanda

I can't believe 2014 is almost a month in! Things have been so busy and unfortunately I have worked on posts for my blog and my computer has been acting crazy so it's continually not publishing but rather, deleting my posts. Frustrating!

In review of last year: WOW! We did a lot. Infant, family visiting, visiting family, multiple weddings, camping trips, changing schools, starting Kindergarten, getting glasses, getting baptized, hatching chicks.... the list goes on and on and on. It was a fun and very full year.

The kids had fun digging up our time capsule from last year. It was covered in dirt and little worms but everything inside was dry and safe and exciting. Braxton and Adelle each grew 2 inches since last January and Emmett grew 3 whole inches. My kids are growing up so fast it's a proven fact! We recognized some goals we accomplished; reading more books, learning a song on the piano, and some that we still are working on.

We are dedicated to our goals this year with lots of things to look forward to. Lots of reading goals, musical goals, physical goals...
I have made a goal to have 10 different families to dinner in our home this year. One of my favorite things to do and something that has been neglected for the past while for no reason except that it wasn't really in my radar.

One of Jeff's goals is to learn to play the guitar. For Christmas I gifted him with online guitar lessons. It was a Groupon, first and only Groupon I have purchased, and it is turning out to be pure awesomeness. He has had two lessons and can already play Amazing Grace like nobodies business. Now he is teaching it to Braxton and Adelle which I think is the coolest thing ever! 

I have re-dedicated myself to my school work for my Nutrition degree and am super stoked about it. I've already studied more than I did all November and December combined so I am feeling it in my bones. Also, recognizing that this year is a new season for me, not having a newborn makes studying a tad easier. Working on balance, again, and striving to maintain simplicity. Making time for self care this year too instead of seeing it as a mere bonus if it happened. 

In anticipation of 2014: WOW! Lots of change in the horizon. We are excited and ready for whatever comes our way!




1 comment:

Rachel Ashmore said...

The picture of the kids on the bridge. Soooo cute.

I laughed at your goal for friends coming over for dinner ten times--'cause you guys are just awesome. We set a similar family goal, but felt content to keep our number to four. :)

By the way, I heard some exciting news from Andrew about your farm plans working out!! Super excited for you.