Thursday, January 30, 2014

24 Hours

Monday I was on fire. Like from 6:30am on I was non-stop go, go, go. At 9:00am I thought for sure it was time to make lunch for my kids. Ha. Nope, they wouldn't have even been at school yet on a normal day!
I was busy scrubbing the stove, the window seals, the sink...
 babysitting my friends sweet boys
making popcorn
granting this guys every desire :)
 beautiful babe!
love this little guy so much!


Hosting a play date...

Monday I was rejuvenated! Ready to conquer the world. Why, you ask?

Maybe it was because my wonderful husband kidnapped me Friday night and took me to LaConner . Like just the two of us for a whole 24 hours. No more, no less. No cooking, cleaning, momming...just relaxing and wifeing ;)
We went out to eat. We took a Jacuzzi. We read our book. We went to bed at 8:30pm (dead serious). We slept in. We went out to breakfast/brunch. We went on a long walk along the water.  
It wasn't fancy. There were no expectations.
It was pure bliss and so relaxing.
We even got to our kids and they weren't even there. So here we are, alone, and waiting around for our kids. lol.
I love being with my husband and sometimes, I will admit, I like to be taken out of the ordinary. As much as the ordinary brings me joy, the ordinary is exhausting.

Sometimes I really think I am the only one who can do anything. Not true. My parents were completely great with my kids. My kids were in heaven the whole 24 hours. My baby slept, without being in our home. My kids were spoiled by Bama and Umpa and then taken to the movie and to dinner with Auntie Angela on day two...
It was so good for everyone.
Bring it on ordinary!!


2 comments:

Kelsey said...

So glad you got to get away, it's always amazing what a little break can do.

I'm the same way with my kids, there is maybe one person in the world I feel like can handle Miles other than me. But in reality, I know he could survive w/o me and it would probably actually be good for both of us. :)

And I love the green paint in your living room, btw.

Baylee said...

That sounds amazing!!!! And special!!
I feel like you do. I feel like I'm the only one who can do everything. I get so nervous leaving Ole anywhere and feel like he won't be ok without me and I stress myself out.
I think it would feel so weird to sleep and not have Ole there! But also so magical. LOL