Monday, September 2, 2013

sweetest girl…ever!

 

DSC06966DSC07129DSC07133DSC07214DSC07165DSC07049

DSC07105DSC07099DSC07108

My heart is bursting lately. I can’t get over the fact that my little sweet girl is starting kindergarten in 2 short days.

I know I have said it before but I love this little lady so much and being her mother is the greatest joy. Adelle loves with her whole being. She is a mover and a shaker and I feel so blessed and humble to be the lady she calls her mom.

Adelle is sweet and kind. She is often curious and she learns a lot of lessons the hard way but she is truly a good girl with the sweetest, most kindest heart. She is always looking for ways to help me. She is always finding flowers/weeds outside and putting together arrangements for our dining room table to be beautiful. She is always getting into my makeup and dolling herself up. She is always the brave one who does whatever either of her brothers tells her to do…

Just today I was working on painting a mirror in the garage. I came in to feed Gage only to see Adelle and Emmett come walking in a few minutes later, being mildly scolded by their father. I asked Jeff what happened and apparently Adelle had convinced her brother that the mirror was “the stage” and they were dancing on it in the garage. I went out to find it completely dirty (thankfully not cracked to pieces). Shortly after that Adelle came out on her own and was cleaning the mirror with a baby wipe. She is always the first to make right after she has done something wrong and that’s what I love about her. She doesn’t ever think she’s a bad person, she just realizes she’s messed up and she tries to make it right. Always with a smile and a forgiving heart.

It’s funny that in our family Adelle does get into the most trouble but at the same time she is so far my easiest child. She is quick to love, quick to make a mistake, quick to learn, and quick to get over things. The other day I was teaching the kids how to braid to make some friendship bracelets. Her and Braxton and Emmett and I were attempting this. Finally I got rid of the thread and I gave them each 3 pipe cleaners. Duh! Way easier when learning to braid. I must have told Braxton what to do 10 times. He is like me, totally visual, so here I am showing him and repeating myself over and over on the instructions. All of a sudden Adelle comes over from across the room with the whole thing braided. I asked her how she knew what to do and she said, “you said it so many times to Braxton I was just listening!” That’s how she is. She has a great memory, like remembers everything, and is super observant.

When I found her in the bathroom last week and asked her why she was washing her hair in the sink she said, “I don’t know.” When I asked her if she was being honest she said, “no.” Then she proceeded to tell me that she had put lipstick in her hair to make it pink. Ha. I had to text our cute little teenage friends and tell them they were in big trouble. They dye their hair pink with kool aid and my little girl had noticed and was giving it a try, in her own way.

Is it bad that I don’t want her to go to kindergarten?? I know she is going to love it and I know she will do awesome but there is this simple innocence that she has so much of and I never want her to loose it. She wears the craziest things, and she thinks they are fashionable. She does her hair ridiculously and she loves it. She dances around, sometimes, instead of walking she just twirls. She listens to everything and picks up on even the slightest lead. She is so, so, kind and sometimes girls at school aren’t.

It’s taken her a while to want to go to school. She would say before that she just didn’t want to go. She thought it would be too hard. The girl isn’t one for busy work and she thinks it’s a drag so we will see how this works out. We have been talking about going to school all summer, practicing wearing pants and shoes, and preparing ourselves for what fall will bring.

We went on a walk today, just Adelle and I. She walked most the way and then her legs got tired so she got on my back. Will she still let me give her piggy back rides when she goes to school? I was talking to her about school and she said she was ready. She said that she knows at least she will have one friend there, her brother Braxton. She told me Braxton was her brother and her friend and I told her that she was lucky to have such a good big brother to go to school with.

Jeff gave all the kids special blessings tonight for the school year and Adelle’s really tugged on my heart strings. She is ready for the world and has been since the day she was born. I am so thankful for a girl who is so teachable and excited to live. I just hope I can keep up with this little ball of fire!!

1 comment:

Bham2Sisters said...

Just catching up on your blog! I was the same way, a whole month with no blogging, just having adventures in the beautiful sunshine! Your kids are the cutest ever. Love all your adventures! Wish Adelle and Brax a great first day for me! They are growing so fast!
mimi