Friday, September 6, 2013

like a boss







I guess that's a song, "like a boss?" Probably not a very appropriate one but I have never actually heard it. I just think it's funny when some of the youth say it and so the title of this post is a bit of a mockery. 
It has been explained to me that "like a boss," means; "the man" or something to that affect and I thought the pictures of Braxton depicted that well. 

So...onto this post!

Braxton had a great day of school. He is so awesome and has been so excited for this day to be upon him. He woke up early, showered, got dressed in his old warm ups with holes in the knees.
I was like, "Braxton, you are not wearing those pants to school on the first day!" Crazy boy. They are his favorite pants but for my own reputation I had him put on something less old/used. 
The boy was all excited for new school clothes and then goes and pulls that one ;)

Braxton requested my homemade biscuits for breakfast and raisin bran, his favorite cereal. So that's what we did. Adelle said the breakfast prayer and prayed that Brax would have a good first day all on her own. It was really sweet.
My mom came over in the morning, by inspiration I think, so I could take Braxton to school and Gage could continue in his needed nap!
He walked into school like a champ. Found his seat and his friend Charlie (Charlie was our neighbor when the boys were babies but this is the first class they have ever had together). Gave me a kiss and that was it.


I sent this note in Braxton's lunch box. Lots of inside jokes contained in here that only he would really get but for posterity's sake, there it is.


The kids couldn't wait to pick Braxton up from school. He had a great day. He was so excited to tell me that his teacher's favorite book is Harry Potter. Score. Also, the 3rd graders were out at recess too so that was fun because he has 3rd grade friends. He said he didn't learn anything but that's because it was the first day. Also he was excited because the parents got homework, but not the kids. He loved the note I sent and told me he read it two times because he liked it so much. happy sigh! Berkely (special female friend from last year) got a note from her mom too.
At recess he played with Charlie for a while, then he found Ty and he played with him and then he found Berkely and played with her. Mr. Congeniality I guess.
All and all it was an excellent first day!


I on the other hand felt like I was running a marathon all day yesterday! I got up at 6:30am and all day was non-stop! When my mom came over at 9:00am I was still in my robe.
Gage, my super baby, had decided to cry most the night Tuesday which was totally out of the blue and left me tired on Wednesday morning. I laid him down for his morning nap an hour early at 8:00am so when my mom called at 8:45 and said she could come over it was a huge answer to prayer.
I left the three kids and drove Braxton up to school.
When I got home I got Adelle ready for her Kindergarten Assesment, nursed Gage who had woken up, and then left again to go back to the school for Adelle's appointment.
Adelle did awesome. The teacher said she was so funny how she would do her letters, sounds... and then sporadically comment on how much she liked the teachers outfit/shoes. Funny girl.
When I got home I realized that I hadn't eaten. My mom left and I got the kids lunch (in their lunch boxes because they wanted packed lunches since they saw me pack Braxton's) and then I poached myself an egg and made myself a piece of toast.

Well, here's what happened next. Walking Sprinting to my seat to sit down for my brunch and my egg slides off my toast and lands splat on the ground. I wanted to cry... but instead I got down on my hands and knees and licked it up like a crazy mom/wolverine. Just kidding, instead I took a picture and then cleaned it up.

So that's it I guess. Moral of the story...don't waste your time making yourself something to eat because... splat!

1 comment:

Doneva said...

great POST, Braxton does look so handsome, confident, but yet so humble, I LOVE that kid, I LOVE to just watch YOU MOM you are amazing nd so are your darling children that bring me honestly more JOY then my OWN which is TOTALLY impossible So BLESSED!!!