Tuesday, September 3, 2013

summer bucket list

I set myself up for success this summer by only putting one item on our bucket list.... to take my kids on a city bus ride!!

Mission accomplished!!

I knew our summer would be busy with camping, the beach, Bryce and Chelsey's wedding, adjusting to Emmett’s glasses, getting Gage on a schedule… so the only other thing I really insisted we do is ride the city bus into Bellingham for a picnic.

I remember riding the city bus as a kid and I always really enjoyed it. Plus, I think there are a lot of teaching opportunities that present themselves when you step out of your box and do something a little different.

So my friend Jama and her crew joined us a couple weeks ago for the big excursion. 

It was awesome!!
The kids were stoked.

The ride was not too long, not too short (thanks to Jama's husbands kind advice).

The people on the bus were nice and friendly.

The bathrooms at the bus station were super nice and easily accessible (much appreciated!!)

DSCF2096DSCF2097DSCF2098DSCF2099DSCF2102DSCF2103DSCF2104DSCF2106DSCF2107DSCF2108

I must say though, those bus drivers drive like maniacs. The kids were all excited to not wear a seatbelt and I was holding on for dear life!!

I love how grown up Brax looks in all these pictures. My big 2nd grader looking all old!!

The only bummer part was walking back up to Jama’s after the ride home. Braxton said he didn’t feel so hot and sure enough, he threw up in Jama’s bathroom as soon as we got to her house. Poor guy!! Like I said, the bus drivers were crazy! The back of the bus didn’t agree much with his stomach!!

Ok, school, you can start now. We’ve had a full, full, full of fun, summer!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Em is soooo cute in those glasses!