Friday, September 27, 2013

kids

DSC07315DSC07316DSC07319DSC07320DSC07321DSC07322

Emmett and Gage are so happy when Brax and Sis get home from school. They all go outside and I don’t see them until dinner. Braxton is so, so, good about playing with his younger siblings. He is so awesome!

Emmett idolizes his big brother. He always does exactly what Braxton asks him to do. When Braxton is at school Emmett talks about him and how big he is. He colors pictures for him and makes him crafts. Always for Braxton.

Adelle is getting run down. She won’t admit to it, but I can sense it. The past couple days she comes home and cries for no reason. It’s week 3 of school and it’s finally catching up with her. Last time she cried it was because the boys got more apples for snack then she got. She’s been a little emotional. I have used time afterschool for just Adelle. We read, talk, sit on the comfy red chair together while the boys play. She needs quiet time, a rest.

Today when I was dropping off for school all the kids got out and Adelle was last. Instant tears broke loose as she thought everyone had gone in without her. They hadn’t, they were waiting, but she didn’t see them. I got out of my running vehicle to see why she was crying. This caused me to be scolded by the traffic lady, “maam, this is an unloading zone only. You cannot get out of your vehicle. Maam, you are holding up traffic.”  Really! Like I am going to leave my crying child on the side of the road. I didn’t say anything because I was worried that if I opened my mouth there would be regret. So I pretended that I didn’t hear her. I also ignored all the glares from the cars behind me, impatiently waiting to drop off their kids.  Adelle was my only concern so I continued to sooth her, I pointed out where Brax was waiting, and she went on her happy merry way. TGIF.

Note to self. Next time you are in line at drop off or pick up, be patient. You never know what is going on in the car in front of you.

No comments: