Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Emmett!!




Emmett is 3 today! He is the most super 3 year old in the whole world. I love this boy so much.

We have a house full of sickies over here. Braxton's been home from school. Jeff has been down and out with the aches and chills. Adelle and Emmett have snotty noses....

But a midst it all we are partying like super heroes!

I made a "cake" last night and told all the kids we would have cake for breakfast! Talk about knocking their socks off. They talked about it all night and this morning as soon as they woke up they were dancing around singing about how they were going to have cake for breakfast. Thanks to it being Emmett's birthday, of course.

Making my kids jump up in down in glee is one of the things in this life that brings me the most joy. I love it. On the same note it is against everything in me to give my kids a sugary start to their day 
But....
I found a way to do both. I made the kids this cake for breakfast. It was delicious, without it being a sugary, blood-sugar altering, disaster.
(I know it's a bread in the recipe but all I did was put it in a cake pan and cooked it for about half the time. And I only used two bananas not four, because that's all I had. It was amazing. Thanks Chelsey!)
So the cake, if you looked didn't have any sugar in it. Just sweetened by the bananas and coconut. It was so good, seriously!! And to make it more birthday-ee I frosted it with a homemade frosting of 1 cube of softened butter and 1 tbs. pure maple syrup and 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix that up and spread on the cake.
I let the kids decorate it with sprinkles and they were in heaven once again!

After we had cake for breakfast the kids played for a while with trucks. Then Emmett invited Brax and Sis into the tub with him where they all played with his new boat he got for Christmas and then they pretended they were sitting in a hot tub and were on vacation.

Now we are getting ready for lunch, Emmett's choice; Chicken Nuggets and fries.

This little 3 year old is as happy as can be!



3 comments:

Andrea said...

FUN! He's getting so big. :)

tina said...

Big birthday wishes Emmett!

Lydia said...

How fun! Happy Birthday to Emmett!