Thursday, February 2, 2012

Run Eat Kiss

Yesterday I set out to be lazy
Hang out in slippers and do laundry
read my books
play puzzles and games
recuperate a bit.

It never is as good as it sounds.

The sun was shining in my window
I dumped the lazy idea
put on a sports bra
packed a picnic
all in about 10 minutes.

New plan.

The kids got in the car
with the picnic
I grabbed a water bottle
put on my sunglasses
hit the road.

"Adelle, call daddy and tell him we are bringing him a picnic."
"We are on our way! We are bringing you a picnic!"

Beautiful drive
gorgeous mountain view
warm sun shining
Excited kids.

We drove to where Jeff was working
He played with the kids in the field
I ran laps around the parking lot
I didn't want to ever stop
EVER
But I did.

We spread the blanket
sat
ate
laughed
chased each other around
got yogurt everywhere.

Then we said goodbye
the hour was up
the needs were met
we all got our fill.

Why be lazy when you can be spontaneous?