Friday, February 10, 2012

following all promptings

I heard a talk once that said that when we have a prompting, we should act on it. I knew that part. Then the speaker continued to say something to the effect of then after we hear it and act on it we should write it down. I do this often. My personal journal is basically a week to week reflection on promptings I received, how I acted on them, and then what happened. Sometimes the "what happened" part doesn't come for months and often I don't even notice it as the "what happened" part until I am rereading and it strikes me as the "what happened." It's all really amazing to me and strengthens my testimony of The Holy Ghost and of my Heavenly Fathers Love.

Does any of that make sense?

Not to make light of a really personal gift but here is an experience that is casual enough but that I still found compelling to share.

Last night I had amazing energy. (I have been running again, maybe that is why??) After I cut Braxton's hair I was sweeping hair up in the bathroom, which led to cleaning the toilets, the sink, the mirrors....
Then I took that same energy back into our back bathroom. This was the inspiration. I always clean bathroom #1 and rarely clean bathroom #2. A little background on the back bathroom. We rarely use it. It is attached to the laundry room and is used to store the dog food, the kids' coats, and Jeff's work clothes/boots. So this bathroom has never been held to my standard of clean. Maybe that is lame but when it is constantly getting mud tracked through it, sometimes it's like, why bother!

Moving on. So last night I did. I went back there and I totally cleaned it top to bottom. Toilet, mirror, swept the floor, moved stuff around.
I didn't think much of it except for, "wow, even if it only lasts one day this sure looks nice!"

Then this morning we get back from walking Brax to school and we are met with the ladies from church who I work with in the Young Women's. They were here for our presidency meeting. Adelle warmly greets them and then out of nowhere says, "Do you want to come see where I hang up my coat??" Of course they did, all of them! Oh my world! I was so relieved that I had cleaned up that disaster area. I honestly don't know what I would have done, had I not. It was a good lesson for me and a good reminder/wake up call!

1 comment:

Peter and Lesha said...

I thought she was going to say, "do you want to come see the clean bathroom?"