Monday, October 3, 2011

Centsible Services




I have dreaded posting this post but I know you all are curious about the new business. So, I will do my best.

The dread comes only from the fact that there is so much feeling in my heart and so many words in my head and I don't know that I can fully express this whole thing in a blog post. So I am going to give you the business update without all the heart and soul and grime.

Jeff's business is up and running! It's been quite a process and it's a good thing he is a smart guy because there are a ton of little technicalities that I would have completely overlooked. Which is probably why he didn't put me in charge of getting this whole thing going.

Jeff is very business savvy and has always dreamed of running his own company. So now you are picturing some guy in a suit driving a nice car while talking into a blue tooth. Well, that's not exactly (at all) my husband. Amidst his dream of having a business and having the excel skills that he has he is a get down and work in the dirt kind of guy. He is handy and techy and wanted something in the middle. Come on, who really wants to sit in an office all day? In his efforts to come up with something in this lousy economy he found a nitch in roof cleaning and now... he has his own roof cleaning business. So he gets to do all the dirty paper work and record keeping, and he gets to use his manly skills to climb ladders and balance on roofs. It's the best of both worlds and we are learning the ends and outs. The name of his (actually I should say "our" because he likes it when I say "our", and it is "our") business is Centsible services. Get it, like cent (money).

The roof cleaning is just one of the services he offers but it is the one that he hopes to market the most because it is more profitable than the other services.

We bought into roof shampoo , which enables him to use their machine and their product but to have his own business name. He is not affiliated with them except that he orders their product. It's not a franchise, but because he was the first in this area to buy in, no-one else in this county can use their machine/product. So that is cool and eliminates some competition. There still is competition, obviously, but the other guys don't have the same products or machine that he has.

Jeff's website is here for you to check out! He is still tweaking it a bit.

All the products are green and eco-friendly. It really works! Look at my roof.

I'm so thankful for a good husband. He has never complained about any job that he has had and he has graciously done a lot of dirty work to get where he is at. I am thankful that he knows how to work hard and that he does all he can to allow me to be able to stay at home with our children. Jeff's priority has always been his family and it shows in all that he is.
This week he is booked solid! That is great news and the hope now is that he can continue to stay as busy as he possibly can before the real cold hits.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

The website looks great!

Peter and Lesha said...

good job jeff!

MAUIGOOSE said...

thats so awesome! let us know if he is ready to hire an employee =)

The Tulett Family said...

Good luck with your new business! I hope it goes well. We miss you guys!

Brian and Amy Wilson said...

Good luck! That is great!