Saturday, October 22, 2011

daddy day care



I often tell Jeff that if all else fails, we could always open up our very own day care. You may think this is a funny idea but if you know Jeff at all you know that this could actually be an option for our family. THE GUY LOVES KIDS. And not just our own kids, but most kids he really does enjoy.

Last Saturday a bunch of my girlfriends and I had a breakfast planned. It was a morning that we'd planned for a while and we all looked forward to getting away and talking together without our little ones. At the last minute my one friend texted me that she wouldn't be able to make it because she didn't have a sitter. From the bathroom where I was getting ready I hollered for my husband to come in. I then explained the scenario and without a second thought he said exactly what I expected him to say, "tell her to bring em over!" I texted her back and a few minutes later we were on our way. She said something to me like, "I think Jeff is the only dad I know who would be up for watching other kids." At breakfast the rest of my friends there agreed that Jeff was awesome and they would all leave their kids with him.

Similarly yesterday my sister texted me and told me her husband was working late and she wanted to get the kids together to entertain each other. I told her to bring them over. Then Jeff insisted that us girls go out so we left all the cousins with him and fled to the consignment store to look around.

On both occasions the kids had a blast. I came home to a disastrous house. On the first occasion I asked Jeff, "did you play with the kids the whole time?" He said yes and then I knew why everything was out of order. Instead of cleaning up after their every mess he was just gettin' down and dirty with them. The way a dad should.

What an awesome dad, uncle, playmate...

Here is a video from last night while he was in charge. Try to listen over Emmett and Kate yelling, "cheese" and catch the dynamics of Braxton's conversation with Adelle and Carson. This is my kids personalities to a tee. I can't believe he got it all on one short video!!

http://youtu.be/CgCnDd9CQuQ

2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

Thanks jeff it was so fun to go with andrea we never do that :) but now that I know how good you are and how much fun the kids had we will be doing it more :) hahaha really my kids love you

Sarah said...

What a great dad/uncle. I feel like the guys of our generation are much more hands-on than past generations. We are lucky girls. :)