Monday, January 31, 2011

read or write?

January 23, 2008

Just wanted to make a note on how much I love my son. He’s so amazing and definitely my best friend after Jeff. Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr. day so I didn’t have Audrey which I usually do on Mondays. Jeff still had to work but it was a beautiful day. The temp. didn’t get above 35 degrees but the sun was shining and the sky was clear. It was absolutely gorgeous. Braxton was up early so we were able to get up with Jeff and get him off. Then Braxton and I read some books and hung out a bit. I needed to go into Bellingham to Dr. Wessel's office to get a supplement so I decided to dress Braxton and I extra warm and grab the stroller. We went to Boulevard park (my absolute favorite) after the stop at the Dr.’s and walked the boardwalk. It was cold and crisp but we were bundled. Braxton loves going there and looking at all the boats in the water and seeing all the dogs and babies on their walks. After our walk we went into the Wood’s coffee shop right down at the park and got hot chocolate. Then we walked down on the rocks and sat and drank our cocoa and threw rocks into the water. It was so beautiful and fun and relaxing. Braxton had a great day and we were both really rejuvenated after not being able to be outside very much because the weather has been so windy and rainy. I so enjoyed spending the day down at the bay with my son, my friend.

I made homemade chili for dinner and after Jeff had gotten home and we had eaten we went into town as a family and got Jeff a boot dryer for his work boats. They have been getting soaked daily. Then we went to Grandma Mary’s and had a nice visit with her. She gave me her sewing machine which I am totally excited to start yet another hobby.

I sat down to write in my journal, now that my kids are ALL napping and again, I would rather read than write. I learn so much from reading my journal.

The interesting thing about this post 3 years ago is that I just now, like today, am finally comfortable using the sewing machine my Grandma gave me way back when. Up until this point it has sat in my garage, waiting to be used, or gently used when I had a friend over who knew how to use it. Now I can use it. I can thread it, do the bobbin, and sew all by myself. That's progress. Small steps.

Another, more interesting thing, is that my little boy is grown up. I'm glad I took those times to play with him and do fun outings. I thought somehow, those days would last forever but they haven't. I really did enjoy them.


3 comments:

t.m. said...

Andrea! I found you from Keala's blog. Our blog address is, www.the-jacks.blogspot.com
Let's get together sometime!
Tiffany

Brian and Amy Wilson said...

That is so great you got to spend the day with those great memories with Braxton! Those times go by so quickly.

Sarahbelle said...

You are so good about writing! I have a 10year one, didn't write at all last year. it was so nice to read back but now I just need to start writing so in the future there is stuff to read back!