Sunday, January 30, 2011

ONE is so FUN

Adelle at one

Braxton at one


Emmett at one!

Emmett isn't too sure about walking but if there is something he wants he will stand up to get it.

This is where you can usually find him. On top of anything that there is to get on top of. He's so funny. I think he will be the adventurous one of the bunch.
Emmett weighs in at 23 pounds!
I think he's adjusted to forward facing. I thought he'd love it instantly; being able to be in the know and all. He wasn't such a fan at first. He didn't like that he could see me, but he couldn't reach me. It was like I was teasing him. It was hard for me too because he has to be buckled and he would just reach for me. He's over that now, as you can tell. Only took a drive or two.
The favorite toy. Braxton got this toy for his first birthday and all my kids have loved it! It's fun for all ages and one of the few toys that doesn't get put in the closet and forgotten.

Something really miraculous happens when these little ones turn one. I'm 3 for 3 so far. It seems like after their first birthday they just grow up really fast.
Emmett has been into everything this past week. His personality is budding like crazy and he thinks he can do anything, say anything just like Brax and Adelle.
My favorite things about Emmett right now are:
1. The cell phone. He loves my phone and thinks it is his. He puts it up to his ear and says,
"ha, dud." This means "hi dad."
2. If your happy and you know it. We sing this song and he claps his hands and throws up his arms for Hooray!
3. He likes to play chase. If you get down and start to crawl after him he will turn and go the other way as fast as he can.
4. He's discovered his male identifier and every time his diaper is off he has to manually make sure all parts are still there.
5. I've said this before but he is crazy about balls of any sort and he crawls around searching for them and calling, "ball, ball, ball..."
6. He can climb onto Adelle's bed and this means he is super cool and big.
7. When he is done eating we know it because he throws he starts throwing the food on the floor.
8. He loves the bath and splashes like crazy.
9. He loves music and bobs to the beat of any tune. Today he was bobbing to the hymn in church which made me laugh.
10. He climbs up onto things and then screams because he can't get down. This is pretty funny. Especially if we are in the other room.
11. Adelle still thinks Emmett is her baby. I can't wait until he's bigger than her.
12. His sideburns. period.

Emmett is so fun. He's making so many fun sounds:
nana (banana), momma, dadada, bra(brother), yeah, ball



1 comment:

Peter and Lesha said...

"but he can't say sissy yet" that was so funny when Adelle told me that, poor girl he can say everyone else's name :) he is so sweet and so easy going