Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Why do I journal?

September 17,2006

Well let’s see, another month has passed us. Fall is definitely here and that means chilly nights and mornings. I finally talked Jeff into letting us turn on the heat today because there is moisture in the windows and I don’t want to risk mold. He was reading, preparing for his Sunday school lesson when I asked him about turning the heat on and he didn’t answer me. So I turned off the light he was using to read and told him to open the blinds because then he could see again. If we can’t afford heat then we can’t afford light either. That’s how I see it at least! He laughed because he knows I’m a brat but I always find a way of getting my point across.

Today I just sat down to journal. It's been a while and I was craving it. Why bother, you ask?

I love my journal. It's so honest and I can read it at anytime and the things I've been through and the feelings I've had really inspire me and push me to keep going. Life is so beautiful and crazy and I really forget meaningful lessons I've learned if I don't record them.

Today has been a bit of a challange. One thing after another, and another, and another. I sat down to journal and I felt like I needed something. I needed to read something about the past that could enlighten me and increase my faith. Instead I found that excerpt above. It made me laugh, really hard.

Some things never change. I know I could change....not be so sassy, bratty, determined, stubborn,....but what fun would that be, really?


1 comment:

hils said...

I love reading your blog! Its been too long since I have and I'm going to make time to check it more often as I love staying up to date on you and your beautiful family and world! I just started journaling and I've found its helped me find a new balance and really get to know myself better and keep my sanity! ;) Love you girlie! xox