Monday, September 20, 2010

Special Saturdays






Saturday was special for me.
Jeff and Braxton were gone doing manly things so I got to be home with just the babes.
They took alternating naps which meant that I got to spend special time with each of them by themselves.
This does not happen often.
First Emmett napped so Adelle and I got to do girl stuff. We painted nails, read books, drew hearts (her favorite thing to draw lately), and she let me curl her hair. We ate Doritos. I love my little girl. She is so girly. It's perfect.
Next Adelle napped and Emmett and I got to spoil each other.
I gave him his own bath in the sink (only child style) and he loved it. He played and splashed and made funny faces.
Then he got a full body coconut oil massage. Yum!
I sometimes think, "how can I compensate Adelle and Emmett for the two years that Braxton had me all to himself?"
The answer is, "I can't!!"
That is why we have special Saturdays.

If your wondering about the picture with the crayons it's just random

4 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

Love Emmett's scrunched up little face. Adelle looks very pretty.

Rach said...

so fun!

so I made your crepes with 3/4 cup whole wheat and then 1/4 cup regular flour, they were great! We grind our own wheat and sometimes isnt the finest grain, but it still worked!

Peter and Lesha said...

so sweet I need to do more one on one.

Anonymous said...

Adelle is so awesome. Girly yet tom boy-esque, I love it! Emmett is the cutest! The pic of him in the sink-bath is hilarious! What a character!