Monday, August 2, 2010

I will miss you, Braxton

snacking in the backyard
Brax and Ellie being "ghosts" and running from the little siblings
playing, playing, playing...
young love
first friends
cuties
pals
teasing...

Yesterday we said goodbye to our very special friends, The Martinson's, who are moving to Utah this morning. It was a sad day for us, as we will really miss them, but an exciting day for them as they take this big step in their lives.
When Braxton and Ellie were 1 the Martinson's moved to town and we met at church. I called Ellie's mom, Allia, never having talked to her before, and invited her and Ellie to Braxton's first birthday party. They came and that was what started a lifelong friendship.
Ellie and Braxton are best buds. They have grown up together. Ellie has always been taller than Brax, sometimes by a lot, sometimes by a little. It has been fun to watch them learn and grow and develop their little personalities. As they've gotten older they have gotten really good at sharing and understanding each other. They play so good together and really, truly, love each other.
Allia and I also got to be great friends. We related to each other from the first day we met and since then we have shared many ups and downs. Life's struggles are easier when handled with a friend and Allia was always there for me with open arms. Since we met we have each had two more children, our husbands have changed jobs,....and life has happened to us over and over. We've spent many days walking together, hanging out in the backyard, late nights talking on the phone, joining and participating in different mom's play groups, sharing remedies for sick kids, bringing each other meals or treats, increasing our faith and uplifting each other, gardening, cooking, garage saling....
My heart is full and broken all at the same time.
We love you all and wish you the best!
So last night as my tears were streaming I watch Braxton and Ellie say their goodbyes. They hugged each other and then the simple,
"I'm gonna miss you, Braxton."
and his sweet reply,
"I'm gonna miss you too."

4 comments:

Nancy and Spencer said...

I don't even know them and reading this made me tear up. Saying good bye is hard.

Peter and Lesha said...

seriously that made me cry and I know that they will be life long friends. I love them too and they are such a sweet family. I hope you all keep in touch. Ellie is such a sweet girl

Anonymous said...

I will miss Ellie too. The adorable little girl without fear.

Kelsey said...

That makes me want to cry! It is so hard when a good friend moves. I still remember the day I said goodbye to Emily. Now you'll just have to come to Utah to visit them and of course stop off to see us too. :)