Thursday, August 19, 2010

Potty Progress?


So this book is a hoot! Potty Animals! I, personally got a huge kick out of it so even if you aren't potty training I would check it out. We found it at the library yesterday in our quest to motivate lil' miss.
The progress is slow. I know what to do. I need to wait until she's ready and she initiates it. Then it will be easy and painless.
I am compromising. I'm not pushing her, nagging her, forcing her to go on the toilet. I'm just encouraging her with lots of talk about being a big girl. Painting her finger nails, coloring pictures, learning poems...big girl stuff.
And one day, this will all be in the past.
For now, I'm not taking any responsibility. I've decided it's the Huggies Manufactures fault. I am convinced it's a conspiracy and they've done something to the diapers that makes them addicting to little kids bums. Really, doesn't that sound like a possibility in our crazy society?

3 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

she can't beat carson he is older:) hahahaha just kidding and she probably will carson sits on the toilet for about 20 mins (no joke it is painful) and just likes putting toilet paper in the toilet.

Ratchfords said...

We'll have to check that book out - we are potty training Declan, so I feel your pain. I think there is big money to be made in someone starting a camp that you can send your kids to and they come back completely potty trained. I hate it.

Vashti said...

I feel ya there. Olivia I think will be a hard one to train. With us being gone so much it was pretty much useless, but after our family reunion next week I am going for it. All panties all the time. sink or swim I decided. She is also a lot older than Adelle so I feel like it is high time.