Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Adelle, does your bum hurt?"

So we (by "we" I mean Braxton and I) are potty training Adelle. Or trying to, anyway. Adelle is really not interested but she is a big girl and it's really expensive having two in diapers. Let's just say we are trying to encourage potty training in her case.
So yesterday I told Adelle that if she went potty on the toilet we could have ice-cream. I also told Braxton that if we was really positive and excited for Adelle and helped her then he could get in on the ice-cream deal as well.
This is what I heard all morning:
Braxton, "Adelle, do you have to go potty?"
Adelle, "No."
Braxton, "Adelle do you have to go poopoo?"
Adelle, "No."
Braxton, "Adelle, does your bum hurt? If your bum hurts it means you have to go poopoo."
Adelle, "No, me bum don't hurt me."
repeated 700 times

So we will be patient.
Also, in the picture above Adelle is loving life. We had just read a book. She had Braxton as her cheering squad right next to her. Then with no luck he asked if he could bring her a cup of water.
So he brings in the cup with the straw with this logic,
Braxton, "here Adelle. I got you a big girl cup (not a sippy) because you are learning to be a big girl and I got you the heart straw because I love you."

He really adores his sister.

7 comments:

Rachel Ashmore said...

lol. super cute picture of Adelle.

A and C said...

So, was there success yesterday?

Meredith said...

That is seriously the cutest thing EVER! Braxton is a total doll!!

April said...

I love that!
The picture is so sweet especially Adelle sipping her drink and Braxton in a scout uniform, too funny!

Taryn said...

That is SOO cute:)! We (and by we I mean Tayla and I) just potty trained Gavin this last weekend and ti is SO nice not having diapers:) You still have one more but anytime you can lessen the # it's wonderful:) Good luck!

Peter and Lesha said...

that is too funny well while he is at it Carson needs potty training can he come over here:) love it

Anonymous said...

Haciendo pipi entre hermanos