Friday, March 29, 2013

Mambo #5

 

Ha! Do you know what song I am talking about? The one that came out when I was in highschool and that I very vividly remember dancing to at school dances and screaming out my own name to with all my friends. It makes me smile to remember it. I will admit that lately this song runs through my head more than I would like. It’s such a stupid song with such a wrong message but the whole trying to balance 4 kids act keeps bringing this song to mind.

On Monday my version went something like this:

A little bit of Emmett one on one

A little bit of Gagey in the sun

A little bit of girl times what I need

A little bit of Jama did the deed

A little bit of Sissy while M napped

A little bit of Braxton on the tramp

A little bit of Jeffery in the end

A little bit of you makes you my friend

One, two, three four five everybody in the house now come on let’s jive…

Ok. Now you all who are my age are probably busting a move and don’t worry you will have that song in your head for days now. ;)

Regardless, Monday was a really good day. I felt very balanced and good and refreshed. I think the sunshine helped, a lot!

DSC06130DSC06131DSC06132DSC06136DSC06137DSC06138

And it helped that some friends moved into town and offered to carpool Adelle into school. This left me and the little boys at home to hang out by ourselves which was just marvelous to say the least. Emmett is my little crafty boy. He loves a good project. The picture with the pink paper is, “I am a pink ninja!”

DSC06141DSC06142DSC06147DSC06148DSC06145DSC06146

And it helped that we we were able to spend most of the day outdoors!

DSC06149DSC06153DSC06154

And it helped that my dear, dear friend Jama,  moved down the street with her sweet family and so now we can walk to each others' houses and play whenever we want!!

DSC06155DSC06156

And it helped that Jeff came home before I had to make dinner so I got to hang out with just Braxton for a while doing something other than reading and homework.

Basically the whole rest of the week has been the same. Lot’s of play dates in the backyard. Park picnics. Late dinners. Lots of soccer in the sun. Long walks, phone conversations, reading…

Yesterday my mom stopped by with bunny ears for all the kids. She then proceeded to teach them all the bunny hop in our front yard. She let me get out and go for a nice run and then got fish and chips (my fav) for everyone for lunch. Score!

DSC06158DSC06159DSC06160DSC06161

Happy Friday!

No comments: