Sunday, March 24, 2013

Latest and Greatest

DSC06109   I signed up for organic produce delivery and my first bin came on Wednesday. It was like Christmas. I didn’t know what was going to be packed into my harvest bin but enjoyed opening it and letting my kids indulge in organic apples.  So far so good. I really appreciated the variety. The bin delivery has multiple purposes. First, it’s convenient. Duh, but that wasn’t enough for me. Second, it’s all organic. I loved that because I feel like at the store I often compromise once I see the price of the regular vs. the organic, even though I really feel like organic is better, I sometimes go with the cheaper. With the bin it’s a set price, every other week, and I’ve already budgeted for it so I don’t even think about it. Third, I like the variety. Like I never would have bought the pears, they aren’t my favorite, but I forget that my kids really like them. Also, the mushrooms, never buy those either because Jeff doesn’t like them but I love mushrooms and they were delicious. So there you go… and forth, they are a local company and I appreciate local business and try to support the locals ;) You can check out their website here for more info.
DSC06111 And if you don’t already know, oven roasted vegetables are our favorite thing around here. Like for 3 nights in a row I did a different combination and my family never tired of it. Yum!
DSC06112 Saturday was typical. Gage woke me up around 4 am to eat. It was then that I noticed M in the bed, squished between Jeff and I and comfy as could be. He comes in after he goes potty in the middle of the night. We love waking up with that cute boy. After I fed Gage I came back to bed until around 7 when the kids think they have to wake up for some reason. Emmett always look at me and says, “can I get up yet?” So he and Jeff got up and I stayed in my cozy bed until sis came in and joined me. We cuddled and whispered about what we thought the boys should make us for breakfast. We scored french toast when we got up. It was delicious.
DSC06115DSC06116DSC06117DSC06118DSC06119DSC06125
Saturday was filled with sunshine and spring cleaning. Gage took a snooze outside while the men worked in the garden. Adelle and I had inside chores. She washed the windows while I scrubbed all my kitchen cupboards and my whole floor, all while rocking out to pandora. Adelle has the best memory in the world and now she knows the words to all the songs we danced and cleaned to.
DSC06126
Today I made these for my Sunday School class and for Chelsey for her birthday. Then my kids ate two each. Then Jeff ate a handful. There are few things I love more than making a healthy snack and having people devour it. It brings me so much bliss.
Check out my recipe here.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thanks for the Dandelion Organic link! Looks awesome.