Friday, August 31, 2012

Utah Recap: Thursday

In the beginning of August we took a road trip to Utah to attend the wedding of my brother Brent and his wife Jessica. Here is the run-down.
Jeff and I and the kids left for Utah on Wednesday morning around 6:30am. We woke up the kids, got them dressed and fed and loaded them in the truck for a road trip. The trip was really good. Adelle didn't get sick once! That's a new record. I had bought her these and they were magical. Worked like a charm! She was so relieved to not get sick in the car.
I had packed us lunch and snacks for the car and we each had our own water bottle so the only stops were gas and to potty. We made super good time. The kids were great and by dinner we were in Boise, ID, where we found a Cafe' Rio to start our eating out on the right foot. After dinner we continued another couple hours to Twin Falls, ID where we stayed the night at the KOA campground.
I had reserved the KOA and we thought it was a good idea to stop and get a good nights sleep rather then keep driving. Plus, it was cheaper than another night in a Hotel so we brought our tent and set it up when we got to camp around 7:30pm. The kids played there on the playground, Jeff and I attempted a game of horse shoes, and then shortly after that we all went to bed... or tried. This was the night I tossed and turned and whined to my husband for what seemed like forever. I was so hot, tired, and uncomfortable on a hard ground with a big belly. But we made it! I'm still alive :)



On Thursday morning we got up, loaded up, took down the tent and checked out of the camp to drive the remaining 4 hours to American Fork, UT. The kids had gotten a good nights sleep and were ready to go meet up with everyone else. We stayed at a Hotel where all the rest of our family was staying. When we got there around 1:00pm we all went straight for the pool. This was one of our favorite parts of the trip. Swimming with our cousins, uncles, Bama and Umpa... everyone just hung out and swam and messed around. The water felt so good and we all needed some energy burnt off!
At the hotel were my parents, Bryce and his girlfriend Chelsey, my Gramy, Lesha and Peter and their kids, and us. It was great. And Brent met us here to swim as well.





 After a good swim and giving the kids a nap we headed over to the Bride-to-Be's parents house for a yummy homemade dinner. It was so wonderful. The kids played hard in the backyard with Jessica and Brent and Jessica's younger brothers Mitchel and Taylor. We all had a blast. It was literally in the high 90's temperature wise but it was fun to get to know their family and to get more wiggles out. The meal they prepared was so yummy with lots of fresh salads and tasted so refreshing. Jessica's family is so wonderful!


I love this picture of Jessica. She is really beautiful inside and out and and so down to earth and sweet.

I don't have a picture of this part but after dinner Jessica's mom, Joyce, took Lesha, Chelsey, and I, over to where the reception would be held the next night. We helped do a bit of decorating there while the kids and the dads hung out at the house.


Then on the way back to the Hotel Jeff and I made a stop at Walmart to buy our supplies for this homemade gift we would present to Brent the next night. It's an inside joke so without going into too much detail Jeff was insistent that Brent have his own, "I got lucky" shirt. We didn't know where we would buy one so I figured we could make one. We bought the shirt and the iron on letters and then just some white paint. I drew a four-leaf clover on a piece of cardboard once we were back in our hotel room and we used it as a stencil. We used the wash cloth from the hotel to dab on the paint but were sure to quickly wash it out so as to not ruin it ;). We make a pretty good team! I must say it turned out better than either of us expected and Brent had no idea it was hand made.


Oh, and this is what the kids were doing while we were busy at work! We joined them as soon as we could. We were all wiped out from a busy, fun packed, day!

Stay tuned for Friday and wedding pictures galore!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

how fun that you were all able to make it down there!! Also I LOVE those Hyland motion sickness tablets, I use them all the time!! They really do work great.