Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sunday

It's Sunday. I sit in church. To my left is my little girl sitting on the lap of a woman. We know her, she is a friend. She sits down a few spots from me, alone, while her husband is on the stand in another ward. My little girl is on her lap, playing with her jewelry. My little girl will sit on anyone's lap. It's been proven over and over. That's how my little girl is. She is friendly and innocent and has a sure love for people of all ages.

To my right is my boy. He isn't so little anymore. He is busy with pencil and paper tracing a motorcycle he found in his little brothers bag. He is quiet. He is listening. He leans over to me and tells me that he wants to bear his testimony. This isn't the first time he has courageously walked up to the pulpit. The next thing I know he is gone. He is in the front of our church. He is telling the congregation what he knows to be true and how he feels about it. The Spirit is working through him to touch the hearts of those who hear.
He confidently proclaims,
 "I would like to bear my testimony. I know this church is true. I know the Commandments are true and that when we obey them we are happy and the Spirit can feel in us. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."
My heart is full.

My baby boy is asleep in the overflow on his daddy's lap. It's 2:00pm and a hard time for a little one to sit through church.  I wonder if my love was able to hear the simple truths bore by his son.

My boy comes down and sits a little closer to me than he was before. I put my arm around him and tell him thank you. He smiles and simply says, "every time after I give a talk I just feel so happy."
It is true and I am reminded;
 Matthew 18: 3 "... Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little achildren, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great Sunday! As we were sitting in church listening to testimony this week I was so impressed with our youth. They had such amazing testimonies after having returned from girl's camp. "Out of the mouths of babes...." or so they say. What truth!

Jessica said...

This makes me smile. You are so ready for the big leagues of motherhood Andrea!! God has used you to give your boy confidence. Let me repeat he has used you! Re we not so blessed to be able to watch them become men in front our eyes.

Nancy and Spencer said...

This made my heart full too. I cried reading his testimony. What a little Nephi you have.