Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

Jeff and I, 7 years ago when my mom bought me this dress. The first maternity dress I ever owned. She bought it for me as a Mother's Day gift.

       My Gramy and all 5 of her children.

Me and my sweet kids today. Same dress, different angle... not as flattering as the first picture :)

20 weeks baby!

We had a wonderful weekend filled with sunshine and mom's requests being granted.
The requests started yesterday and went in this order:

1st request: please can I have poached eggs with toast..........check
(eating the same thing is so much better when someone else makes it)

2nd request: please can we all run to Braxton's soccer game and home...............check
(love running with Jeff so that he can push the stroller and not me!)

3rd request: please put the kids down for nap so I can finish weeding the front flower bed...........check
(love weeding my flower beds because they look so nice afterwards)

4th request: please make dinner..................check
(Jeff is getting really amazing at this cooking dinner thing!)

5th request: please lay on the couch and watch The Vow with me!
(ok, I didn't really ask for this but it happened and it was good)


I was showered with sweet cards from my husband and kids. Pretty pictures and lots of hearts.
Braxton made me really special cards this year that he wrote in himself. One of them said, "my mom  has green eyes, brown hair, and is 91 years old."
I am not sure about the number 91???? I have since been drilling him on my age.

The next one said, "my mom makes me good dinners." 
This I thought was really sweet and didn't surprise me. Braxton is a really good eater and is always thanking me for good meals to help him be strong.

Another said, "my mom likes to play the piano and helps me read the scriptures."
This one was also a bit surprising. I am trying to teach myself the piano, yes, but I can't say I enjoy it, nor do I work very hard at it. There are hundreds of other things I would rather do, and usually do do, instead... like help Braxton read his scriptures, which I have been doing :)
Last week I found Braxton up on his bed after school. I looked up to ask him what he was doing and he was laying there reading his scriptures. He is such a sweet boy! I am grateful for his desire to learn the Gospel.

I hope all of you mothers enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I am grateful for the mothers in my life who I continually learn from.


2 comments:

t.m. said...

Happy mothers day to a wonderful mother!

Nancy and Spencer said...

For what its worth, i think you're rockin that dress even better now. :)