Friday, May 4, 2012

The Happy Mormon Mom

I randomly found this article today while searching the internet in preparation for the lesson I am teaching on Sunday. The article has nothing to do with my lesson but I found it really interesting and a good read.
It's written by a non-Christian, highly educated, single lady who is addicted to reading Mormon blogs.
Who knew?



And with that, last night at Relief Society a friend of mine shared this poem. I loved it and I want to have it hanging somewhere in my home. The author is unknown.

Excuse This House

Some houses try to hide the fact
That children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly,
The signs are every where.
For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges on the doors;
I should apologize I guess
For toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children
And we played and laughed and read,
And if the doorbell doesn't shine,
Their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to
Choose the one job or the other,
I want to be a housewife . . .
But first I'll be a mother.


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Amen. There will be plenty of years for a spotless house!

Peter and Lesha said...

I need that ALL over my house to remind me of that. just this morning I was letting laundry stress me out and make me snap at my kids because I was not getting enough laundry done and they wanted my attention. thanks

Sarah said...

That poem is such a good reminder. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I think this is exactly what I needed today!