Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The best Prom date ever!

Jeff and I chaperoned the church's Spring Formal for the youth on Saturday. It was so much fun!!! I loved it. The decorations were amazing!! Like, my good friend was on the committee and she was at the church decorating for 3 days in a row, 10 hours each day. Super fancy!
We got this cute picture taken thanks to the super photographer they had ;)
The music was awesome. One of our buds who is leaving on his mission in a month in a half was the DJ and kept the party hopping.
The food was delicious. Tons of fruit, homemade danishes, pulled pork sliders, Doritos.... super yum at 11:00pm when I am usually hungry (if I am still awake).
Best of all I loved dancing with my husband. We spent most of the night eating and hanging out with the DJ and other chaperons, but we did dance the last slow song.

Our kids are awesome and my parents loved being here with them. They jumped on the trampoline for as long as it was light. Then they came in and Umpa gave them cheese popcorn and they watched a movie. The conversation apparently went something like this;
My mom: "do you guys usually have a snack before bed?"
Braxton, "No, we just go to bed hungry."
All 3 kids while eating their popcorn, "yum", " I yike dis!" "yum, yum...."

Cracked me up when my mom told me that story. We really don't do bedtime snacks but they don't go to bed hungry! They just go to bed a lot earlier, and that means usually dinner is still in the tum tum!
..............However, all 3 kids slept until after 9:00am on Sunday which is huge. They usually never sleep past 7:30am so maybe there is something to a bedtime snack? This will definetly be explored more come summer!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

adorable on all counts