Thursday, May 10, 2012

the difference of 7 years

Yesterday was beautiful. The sun shone and was calling my name. I wanted to go out and lay in it. I wanted to rest and relax and close my eyes and let the sun beat on my face. Seven years ago, that's what I would have done.... maybe, if I wasn't working or at school.
Instead, yesterday, my growing belly and I played a wild ferocious game of soccer with my 6 year old son. The one I would have been pregnant with back in May all those years ago. I ran around my backyard chasing him and the ball. I even scored a few times and at one point tied the game that I ended up losing.
At first I was bummed out. I just wanted to rest.  The other kids were napping and I wanted a break. Then I was thankful. Perspective is a wonderful thing.
I am thankful to be a mother. I am thankful for early release days and the one on one time it gives me with my oldest. I am thankful for strong, healthy children who can run and play wildly in the backyard. I am thankful for the many sunny days I will get to spend with them this summer...I will definetly get some basking in their somewhere!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Andrea! How silly of me to not check up on blogs for too long! I'm super excited for you all. HUGS.