Sunday, August 21, 2011

weekend in pictures

Friday night we did the local Fair

We have connections so we got to go into the horse stalls and pet the horses.
Adelle is too big for her britches. She did not want me to touch her on this ride. She kept telling me, "mom, it's ok, it's ok..."
Ah, yeah! That's my little 5 year old! I seriously think he was the smallest person to ride that gigantic thing! He loved it.
Braxton is not someone I would classify as a dare-devil but at the fair he did every big ride they would let him. It was so fun to watch him!
Adelle would have rode the big rides but they wouldn't let her. She is a dare-devil for sure!
Emmett fell asleep on his back but ended up in this position at one point. Maybe I should have strapped him in?
Brent was the only adult who got a wrist band so he got to go on all the kiddie rides. He didn't mind. Look at that smile!
Emmett's favorite part was the goats and sheep.
LIttle man got to ride the carousel at least!

Saturday we did the beach. It was gorgeous and sunny.
We got lots of crab and sun!
This picture got out of order but I thought it was cute. This is the morning after the fair. Braxton is still asleep on the top bunk and these two are reading to each other down below.
Sofie was a little hesitant of the water. What? Yes we had to gradually coax her in.
Braxton is my kid. Born to be at the beach.
My parents brought tubes so that we could float while we weren't on the boat. This was my favorite part.
Adelle is either looking for baby crabs, going "potty" or....I'm not sure. Use your imagination.
Emmett spent most of the day napping (from the long night before) or wrestling his dad, the dog, or his uncle Brent.
My cute boy found me though and came down and laid right by me in the same position. It was really cute.

snackin'

diggin'

It was a really nice weekend!
This is what I love at where we live in the summer.

2 comments:

Annajean D. said...

Lots of fun! We were at the fair Friday night too, but no rides for us. I agree. Summers in Washington are the BEST!

Oh and P.S. you made those wonderful cookie/muffin thingies for the girls to take to girls camp and they were so amazingly delicious I have been meaning to ask you for the recipe.

Peter and Lesha said...

so so cute that last picture of adelle could have been you! she looked just like you.