Saturday, August 6, 2011

let me explain




This morning I went to a garage sale across the street.
There was a lady there. I didn't know her.
She was complaining to her friend that their next stop would have to be a bathroom because she really had to go!
I opened my mouth and out came:
"I just live across the street. You are welcome to use my bathroom."
She graciously accepted.
Then I opened the door and remember that yesterdays art project still covered the entire kitchen!
I wanted to scream:
Let me explain!!
yesterdaywaslongandiwasinafunkandthekidswereboredandididnt
wantthetvonandtheweatherwascoldandiwasoutofideasandiknewitwas
goingtobeareallylongdayunlessifiguredsomethingoutandthisisallicameupwith
anditentertainedthekidsandmeandthedogandwewereallhappyand
itfeltgoodtogetdirtyandnotcareandsothereyouhaveit!
But I didn't.
I actually didn't say anything about it. She used the bathroom and left.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh man I love this more than you know.

Another good art project is washable paint and hot wheels. Roll the tires in it and have a ball.

Joan said...

I'm sure she was smiling to herself. And if she has kids, I'm sure she knew exactly what it was about, without the explanation.

April said...

HAha. What a cute idea, your such a good mommy.
April

Peter and Lesha said...

that right there is why carson would rather live at your hosue most of the time :)

Anonymous said...

She was probably jealous of how awesome the floor was!! That made me laugh about how you were going to explain and then didn't. Awesome!! Love you guys!

Rachel Ashmore said...

lol! love it.

About the text...you're the only person in the world I have ever picked blueberries with (don't you feel special), so I assumed it had to be you. But for some reason, I didn't have your number saved in my phone, so I thought I'd double check that it was you and not a random wrong number.

And quite honestly, I'm surprised you have the need to pick blueberries yet. Didn't we pick enough to last your family another decade at least??? ;)

Anonymous said...

If people don't think you're crazy every so often, you're shirking an important responsibility. Let your freak flag fly!