Wednesday, August 17, 2011

three favorites




Have you ever had one of those days where you count the hours until bedtime and then once they are quietly in bed you stay up late talking about them and how wonderful they are and how you just couldn't live without them?

That was us last night.

It was a long day. I have really good kids and yesterday they were straight up ornery. Maybe we all got up too early, I don't know, but it was a long day that I never thought would end.

Then we tucked them in and when we finally went to bed this was a bit of our dialogue:

"oh my goodness Emmett is such a turkey. He deliberately throws dirt when I tell him not to and then he smiles (because he knows its wrong) and he's so stinkin' cute. I can't be mad."

"Adelle is hilarious. Her new line is, "I'm not kidding," and she repeats it over and over."

"that girl can really push her brothers buttons"

"I love how Adelle calls Braxton, "my braxton."

"Braxton (mr. serious) is getting so good at swimming I am so proud of him and how far he has come this summer and how self motivated he is to learn."

"oh and how Adelle calls Sofie "soph" and treats her like another one of her babies"

"and Braxton asking me to help him read! ah yeah, I'll help you!!"

"oh and Braxton and Emmett when they were just sitting out in the dirt like brothers, hanging out, shooting the breeze. I can't wait for them to be buds"

"Emmett is such a little ham. He seriously will do anything to make his siblings laugh and they think he is hilarious."

"Adelle and her dresses! That is all she wants to wear, ever. And then that little dance she does where she shakes her hip..."

"Braxton talking about Kindergarten everyday and telling me how tall he is (poor kid doesn't know he's short yet) and how fast he is and how ready he is for school."

"I know, and Emmett eating 2 whole pancakes before anyone else got started!"

"Adelle doing her 8th article of faith. That is the best thing I have ever heard the way she changes "we believe" to "I know" priceless."

"and then Braxton dressing Emmett and telling me that now I don't have too because he already did it. That was really thoughtful."

"How can anyone have a favorite kid? They are all so wonderfully awesome!"

3 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

that was too cute, love how driven Brax is he really has taught himself how to swim, I mean you guys have helped but he just goes for it while we are all hanging out chatting by the pool. I love how much they love each other. I have never seen brax get mad at adelle for anything he is so patient with her! Yeah I think Brax will think he is tall until Emmett passes him up in a couple years :) so sweet but it does make me feel better to know you have days like this :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Your kids are great!!! Love you guys.

Joan said...

I love it! And even when your day feels like it will never end, it always turns out to be one of the best days.