Tuesday, July 26, 2011

weekend getaway

Honeymooners Forever :)
Me with the "bride to be in less than 2 weeks!"
After wading across the river we found this cozy spot to lay and dry off, only to have to walk back!
The only shot I got of the place where Jeff and I stayed Friday night.

My friend from forever, pictured above, is getting married in a couple weeks. She's actually getting married the same weekend as Jeff and I will celebrate our 8 year anniversary! This called for major celebration.

Mindi's bachelorette party was this last weekend in Lake Chelan. Super fun. Super Hot!! It was a blast.

When I got invited I knew I wanted to go but I also knew that more than I needed a weekend with friends, I needed a weekend with my husband. However, a weekend with Jeff would cost a lot more money than a weekend with friends. Hum, what do I do??

I asked Jeff what I should do and he said I should just go with the girls. When I suggested that he take me there and stay the first night that sounded even better so that is what we did. Back in January I had started a little anniversary fund. Any extra change I had would be put into a secret jar that Jeff didn't know about. I'm so glad I did this because we were able to go and enjoy ourselves on money that I had purposely saved for the occasion. This meant that I didn't feel quilty the whole time and we could actually enjoy ourselves.

We left Friday morning and drove away without our kids. They were happily at my parent's pool with my mom and aunt and sister and whoever else....not sad to see us go which is a huge blessing and makes it much easier to leave.

The drive was beautiful and we were able to talk without being interrupted. I can't even express how nice this was. Just riding in the car with my husband was so relaxing. We didn't listen to the radio at all. I didn't have my neck constantly crooked to see if Adelle was car sick...it was just nice and relaxing. The sun was also shining which made it that much better.

Along the way we found a little diner that advertized "World's Best Milkshakes" so we of course had to stop and see if that was the case. We got a milkshake to share and drove and parked at the river and walked across the river (Jeff say's I make him do crazy things that he wouldn't do for anyone else) and laid in the sun. It sounds great but really it was uncomfortable because we were laying on rocks so we didn't stay there very long. Just long enough to get warm so we could re-cross the river.

When we got to Chelan we ate at a really nice local pub that had outdoor seating and live music. I had fresh shrimp and Jeff had ribs. Then we checked into our hotel and looked around, walked the river, walked through town. Then we went in the outdoor hot tub before calling it a night.

The next morning we really wanted to sleep in and when I woke up I looked over at him, he was awake and I asked him the time and when he said it was 6:30am. I wanted to scream. We couldn't even sleep in!! So we just laid there, in and out of sleep, and enjoyed not having to get up for anything.

We went to a really cute crepe-ire for breakfast and it was delicious. Then Jeff dropped me off at the lake where I had Mindi snap the top picture of us. It wasn't long enough but at the same time it was exactly what we needed. I love my husband so much and I felt like a honey-mooner the whole time.

I met up with 13 other ladies for the bachelorette party and Jeff started the drive home.
Us girls laid at the lake for the whole day where I naively burnt my whole back side. No regrets, I was just happy to get some sun! Then we went to dinner and then back to a house that we borrowed for the party. It was really fun to be with some old friends who I rarely spend time with.

Sunday we woke up and sat on the deck and lounged a bit before cleaning up the place and driving home.

It was a wonderful relaxing weekend getaway!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay for time away!! Those pictures are all too cute and your hair is adorable.

Peter and Lesha said...

how fun! glad you had fun that is so good that Jeff told you that you made him do things he wouldn't do I think that is a compliment :) kids were great and in a way it was a weekend off for me too cause your kids entertained mine the whole time

Kristin said...

How fun for you guys! And saving up a anniversary fund is SUCH a good idea. I'm going to have to steal that from you next year. Happy pre-Anniversary!

Nancy and Spencer said...

ok you just made me ache to have a weekend alone with my honey!

Marcy M Miller said...

It looks beatiful where you were at! Good for you, it is always great to get away for a bit. I went to Walmart by myself the other day, and I wanted to skip down the aisle's, because it does feel so good to get away and have a break.

April said...

We love Lake Chelan too, I'm glad you were able to get away and have some quiet alone time with your hubby.