Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Pond

Future quarterback?

Adelle in her race to the ducks

come and get it!

Emmett wishing he could walk so he could be put down

Braxton trying to keep up with me ;)

me, asking Jeff to take my picture and then laughing at how silly it is to have my picture taken while I'm running.

Jeff bringing up the caboose

I can't help but think that someday, when I'm old and my kids are grown up, there will be many memories recalled about this place.
It's a spot we've been walking/running to since we bought our house right after Braxton was born.
It's the same every time. We get to a certain spot and Adelle gets out of the stroller and runs. Braxton parks his bike on the same tree only to retrieve it after we have walked around the pond and fed all the ducks and geese. The kids run up the hill and then hold hands to come down. Adelle watches every step to ensure no goose-poop ends up on her shoes. Emmett has to have a snack, otherwise he wants to eat the bread for the ducks.
Somethings are not the same. There are two new kids in the stroller and one on his bike. The little girl in the stroller complains that the little boy in the stroller is hitting her. The exact same thing the big boy used to complain about the little girl. I still try and explain that it's not really hitting.
I usually don't bring my camera to the pond. Too many other things to grab. The kids, the hats, the football (which Emmett held onto the whole entire time), the snacks, the bread for the ducks, the wipes....that's a lot to grab. But this time I did. I wanted a visual of these wonderful times.

5 comments:

A and C said...

we LOVE the pond!

Peter and Lesha said...

we love the pond too!! so true so many things you do, you think really we just did this and you want to do it again, for us it's the park across the street, what a lame park with barley any toys and yet he loves going there he would go everyday. love this weather today so nice he is outside now:) And who is the future quarterback? Adelle or Emmett? hahaha they both look so big and tough in that first picture but I know Adelle is so girly and sweet.

amber york said...

Such good memories being built! I love places like that!

Ms. Molly said...

I don't even know this pond, but it looks (like always) like you are having fun!

Unknown said...

*love this!*
Which pond is it?