Tuesday, March 22, 2011

chocolate for lunch!

everyone loves a picnic

especially when chocolate cupcakes are involved


are you questioning who's blog you are on at this point...

"certainly she would not give her kids chocolate cupcakes for lunch", you are thinking

Emmett standing with pride on his own

It's true, I wouldn't give my kids chocolate cupcakes for lunch.
But, I did.
Because I'm the mom.
Here's what I whipped up.....and they scarfed down...

one ripe banana
one ripe avacado
equal parts w/w flour and almond meal
honey (about 1/2 cup)
baking soda and powder tsp. of each
cinnamon
1 Tbs. coconut oil
ground flax seeds
water ( just a splash)
pure cocoa powder
some crushed pecans
some dried cranberries

mix it all together and bake it for about 30 min in 350 oven.

Enjoy chocolate cupcakes packed with lots of protein and omegas for lunch!!

8 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

I bet the kids loved them. They sound really good.

Andrea said...

Those sound delicious! And I know what you mean about the children's books...somehow it seems so wrong to me that I need to preview books for my four-year-old.

Peter and Lesha said...

I didn't question it for a min I knew there had to be some tofu or wheat grass or something super healthy in there! hahahaa that is great I will copy the recipe for sure sounds kind of interesting but I am sure they were great, I was more worried about your kids outfits than I was about what they were eating. hahahaha

Doneva said...

YOU had me fooled for a minute, only a minute, they sound yummy what a GREAT mom you are and what lucky healthy kids you have.
Love
MOM

rajkumar said...

These biscuits come out just right for dunking in milk!
chocolate

Jena said...

About how much flour and almond meal did you use. I want to makes these, but I'm not sure of that part. What was the consistency before cooking?

Jena said...

Also! Have you heard of Chia? It's our new addition to our super foods in our house!

Andrea said...

Hey Jena,
I have never heard of Chia. I will have to do some research on that or I'd love for you to tell me about it.
Also, I just poured in but I'm guessing it was about 3/4 cup each of the almond meal and the flour.
The consistency was like any other muffin mix. thick and goey but not runny.