Monday, March 14, 2011

little Kate

As most of you know my sister and her husband have been down at the Children's hospital in Seattle with their 17 month old, Kate. The doctors have been poking and prodding her and still don't have any definite answers. We are reassured that they are doing all they can and soon they will determine the problem and start the treatment.
It's all I can do to type this post. Lesha and Peter and Kate and Carson have been miraculously strong throughout this whole process. It's amazing how the Lord strengthens you. I can't imagine being in their situation. This has all hit way to close to home for me and I'm counting my blessings.
Please keep their family in your prayers. They have really been through so much and I am blown away at their continual faith and strength. My sister called me today and was pretty emotional. The team of doctors had just walked in and presented her with a million different scenarios. She told me she just wanted to take Kate and run away. It broke my heart.
Kate is a trooper. I had to excuse myself from her room on a few different occasions when the nurses/doctors came in to drawn her blood or switch her iv. I really don't know how Lesha is able to sit and hold her through all of it. She is amazing and I am learning so much from her courage. Lesha has been updating her blog when she can. Please visit her site and let her know you are thinking of her. They've really been strengthened by the support of loving family and friends.
Carson is doing well. He was down in Seattle last night and this morning with my mom and dad and now they are back home at my parents. He's a trooper too. Poor brother is too smart though and I know he is wondering what is going on. They won't let him into Kate's room down at Childrens and Lesha said when he looks in the window Kate cries because she wants her brother.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Poor Kate. I had no idea. I'll keep the family in my prayers.

MAUIGOOSE said...

your family will definitely be in our prayers! i understand the process of not knowing what is wrong with your baby and being sent down to Childrens for those teams and teams and more teams to poke and squish your child. (tylan had kawasaki disease when he was 3 months) it's hard but you can ONLY be strong. she is a trooper! and Childrens has awesome teams of doctors so i know Kate is in wonderful, caring hands. i hope everything works out and she gets the answers she needs. please keep us posted.

amber york said...

I will pray for her right now and continuously after. There's nothing harder than going through that with your little baby.

anna b. said...

i cannot imagine. even being a strong supportive auntie & sister. you are a strength to lesha right now & i know how very hard it must be. the Lord will bless you & i know with your continuing faith you all will endure...

heartbreaking to hear such sad news. i'm in tears.

you all are in my prayers.

much, much love to you Andrea!