Tuesday, March 15, 2011

good news

Just talked to Lesha. She was able to get out and get some much needed fresh air. Peter is keeping Kate company.
Kate is doing so much better. She is in her little crib playing and reading her books. She still has an iv hooked to her little foot so she can't walk around but Lesha says she is much happier. They are hopeful that the end is near. The fluid they removed from the node is being tested. They want to watch Kate carefully and make sure the lymph node doesn't swell up again.
There was so much relief talking to my sister. Horray!
As for Carson... He had a good day at Bama and Umpa's playing with his cousins. Jeff took them over there this morning to play and help Carson get some wiggles out. Apparently they put on their own Beauty and the Beast play with Carson starring as Gaston, Braxton starring as The Beast and Adelle starring as Belle. From Braxton's words, "Belle just watched me and Gaston fight the whole time, that's what they do in the movie. And we kept on saying WE'LL KILL THE BEAST!!" When I reminded Braxton that he was the beast he said he knew and laughed. Sounds like they had fun. I also heard that they all had their shirts off most the morning. Not sure why.
And me you are wondering. Why am I home? Why are my kids at my mom and dad's and not with me? Why is Carson not here playing? Why am I not at my sisters bedside in Seattle? Well I am home with strep throat and yes it's killing me because of all the other places I feel I should be.
However, I have been keeping the blog updated and friends and family informed. I am also keeping a journal for my sister since I'm sure when this is said and done it will be a blur. So that is my purpose for now, I guess.

7 comments:

A and C said...

Thanks for the updates! Definitely some scary stuff. Sorry you are sick and hopefully you will feel better quickly.

Kelsey said...

Oh my goodness, I just went over and read Lesha's blog. How scary! I'm glad things are improving and we will continue to keep all of your in our prayers.

And you are a good sister!

Unknown said...

thanks ang, we love you and I am so thankful that your kids got to play with carson he loves them, wish I could have see the play. hope you get better soon.

Jeremy Saunders said...

oh my goodness andrea! I have been busy moving and have not checked your blog! I am SO SORRY all of this is going on! Kate has exactly what my dad just went into surgery for. His lymph node was completely swollen and they removed the fluid/cyst and biopsied and everything was ok, I hope this is the case for Kate. My prayers are with your family! Hang in there!
mimi

Doneva said...

YOU have a great purpose and always are there for everyone, it is our turn to love and serve you and just please take care of yourself and stop feeling guilty, you are so loving and thoughtful to keep your blog updated for all our faithful friends and family that are praying for Kate and the whole Olsen family, and hope old Bama can keep up with Carson, help I need Geritol!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Feel better!! Strep is the worst. :( Thanks for updating, I'm glad Kate is feeling a bit better. (Also, that story of Carson, Adelle and Brax reminded me of the games Brent, Bryce and I would play when were little, just like that). I hope you are getting REST and feel better soon. Love you

Brian and Amy Wilson said...

I hope you feel better soon. I am glad your Kate is doing better.