Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful Friday

If your name is on the picture it means you rock and you were the pronounced name that my child shouted out when I asked, "What are you thankful for?"
If your name isn't on the paper...you still rock because, well as you can read for yourself, my name did not make either paper.
But, that's the great thing about these kids. They are thankful for so many things/people that the question can be asked a hundred times, each time the answer being different!

This top one belongs to Braxton. It is just about as accurate as it could be and he spent much time ensuring that.
The eggs and the nest were his idea and I followed his lead on that one.
This one is Adelle's. I was so impressed with hers as well. My favorite part is the eggs. She put them in the turkeys tummy. Too cute!

This was a fun project today that occupied some of our morning.
I love projects like these because the kids can really practice following directions and it's amazing what they are capable of doing on their own.
All I did was cut out a circle (for the head)
an oval (for the body)
some feathers and legs and beak.
Then they followed my instructions to glue it all together.
Gobble, Gobble!!

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Cute! I think I'm going to have to borrow that idea to use next week, Macey will love it.

And, I was just thinking about our first Thanksgiving being married and those sweet slippers Jeff wore to our house.

Jeremy Saunders said...

don't worry, brax wrote in his journal that he was thankful for his mommy.
mii

Peter and Lesha said...

I would like to just point out that i made the list along with my cute kids. so cute I love those kids thanks for last night

Nancy and Spencer said...

Those really are impressive. :)