Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey-Bowl

Braxton ready to play in his first ever Turkey-Bowl! He's been waiting for this for 5 years!
My blessings enjoying a warm yummy crepe breakfast

I love Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite days of the year partially because there are so many traditions that I can count on. The turkey, the cranberries, the pumpkin pie, the family gatherings, the playing of games, the chance to show off my kids....
Another one of these traditions is the Turkey-Bowl. Jeff talks about the Turkey-Bowl for months before Thanksgiving and he and the guys exaggerate how awesome it's going to be. This year he invited Braxton to play! The real deal, which was huge for Brax as we usually go and watch and afterward Jeff and Braxton play their own little game.
So this morning the kids got up, early as ever, Jeff and I sent them out to put on a movie. When I came out I gave each of them a kiss and said, "I am very thankful for you, Happy Thanksgiving." Braxton repeated the gesture to everyone in the family but when he got to Jeff he goes, "I am thankful for you, Happy Turkey-Bowl!" I am thankful for this special tradition.
I have so many blessings. It seems like every year I recognize more and more of what I have to be thankful for. Maybe this is part of growing up? There are blessings I have now that had anyone told me a year ago, that these would be my blessings, I would have probably laughed hysterically or rolled my eyes in disbelief. Yet, they are my reality now and I am so truly thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving!


3 comments:

Doneva said...

AMEN, we all have so much to be THANKSFUL for and most of all I am thankful for all of my family and especially YOU who mothers her children so lovingly,love you
MOM

Jeremy Saunders said...

That is so cute, you two are such good parents! And that turkey looks dang cute on your window!
I am thankful for sweet little preschool friends!
mimi

Peter and Lesha said...

what a special day for jeff and brax. ready for a shopping night ?:)