Tuesday, July 27, 2010

some things never change




My friend Shelby came to town a couple weeks ago for a visit.
It was so great to get together with the girls.
This is us (Shelby, Me, Mindi) at Birch Bay.
Braxton was the photographer.
I wish I could find the picture of us the night before I got married. I can see it in my mind and I remember it so vividly. They spent the night with me in my old room one last time.
Us three gals have very different lives all of a sudden.
We once had so much in common.
We now have little in common, really.
Our days are extremely different.
Our nights are extremely different.
Our hobbies are extremely different.
We hang out with different people.
Spend money on different things.
and yet, some things will never change.
We talked about girl stuff....that will never change.
We love each other.......that will never change.
We laugh a lot.......that will never change.
We understand each other......that will never change.
We are there for each other.....that will never change.
We love to shop together.....that will never change.
For that I am so thankful and so blessed to have such dear friends in my life!



4 comments:

Sarahbelle said...

What a wonderful life, and special friends to have even with all the differences there are and will be! Wish I could have been there with the 3 of you, all of you are truly wonderfully strong, smart and beautiful women! Brax is good with the camera too!

Anonymous said...

Love you anj :)

Batten Rouge said...

I was thinking some of those same thoughts the other day. Wow how different our lives are these days, and I think the differences are what keep us apart and together at the same time. It was good to see you even for just a few minutes at dinner that night!

Shelby said...

Anj! I am reading this while wiping the tears from my eyes!! I am so thankful that I have such amazing friends that will always be there for me!! Thank you so much for writing all of that...it is all so true! We all are in totally different spots in our life's but yet we are still we have an amazing friendship! I LOVE YOU ALL!!