Wednesday, July 21, 2010

hippie fence





Jeff often refers to me as his, "little hippie," to which I have recognized as a term of endearment. I really love it when he acknowledges my hippie traits. I am quite proud of them, actually.
We don't have a VW Wagon to paint, so we painted the garden box in the backyard. This was not out of trying to make a statement. Rather, this came to be because here in Washington this year the summer has been hit or miss. Monday, was a miss day and the kids and I were bored and sick of the clouds. My creative juices are exhausted and this was what I came up with. It was the perfect activity for the day. It entertained Braxton and Adelle for a good 2 hours. We didn't mind the clouds. Emmett got to sleep through the whole thing. We now have the alphabet in our backyard to practice when we are outside playing, as well as shapes, names, flowers, colors...
and it was fun to show off to "dad" when he got home!

*I know, I know. We could have spent the time weeding the garden! That would have been really productive as well but I actually tried that first and the kids weren't impressed. I will just add that to my "to do without the kids" list!

4 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

that is too stinkin funny and yes very hippie, got to love it. great idea though to keep the kids busy

Jayme said...

Cute idea. Our garden needs some love too.

Jeremy Saunders said...

that is way clever! Love it! You are amazing, and by the way, I asked Summer what her favorite talk of camp was and she said yours. So thanks for coming out!
mimi

April said...

Cute, what a good mom you are. I guess if you have babies at home with a Midwife then you definitely need a cool hippie fence...it's time for mine! haha
April