Thursday, July 8, 2010

daily bread and dinosaur sandwiches


The Doctrine and Covenants section 122:7
"And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."

The scriptures are my daily bread and now more than ever I am feasting.
To say that I feel strong in my current circumstances would be very true. To say that I feel weak in my current circumstances would be very true. This is why I have temporarily labeled myself
"a case!"
It's interesting, this life, and the curve balls that we are thrown. It's interesting how just when things seem to be at their best, they are somehow also at their worst. How can that be?
For me the best is present through my faith. I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father and that through Him I can do all things. This brings me so much joy that I can then pass on to my family. I know that He knows me personally and is watching over me at this time with much love and charity. I know where to turn for peace. I am turning there often. I am at peace. I am more reliant on the Lord now than I have ever been in my life and it is empowering me with so much strength and endurance. I feel His mercy and His love and it is truly saving my family.
So, with that said, we are good. So good! This huge, almost scary, risk taking, miracle of a career change is trying us, to say the least, but I know it is for our experience and will be for our good.
So bring it on life! I'm ready for you!


2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

I know you can handle anything and everything cause you do and you do it well but don't be afraid to ask for help, not just from heavenly father but also your friends and family, we love you too and I know that you guys are so going to see so many blessing ( I know you have with your kids but job wise) you are such an example of how to live on little and to make it work, your garden is beautiful and your food storage is set and you have so many cost cutting solutions. please call when things get to be too much Carson loves your kids and they play well (most of the time)

April said...

I loved this post! You have such a strong spirit and incredible faith Andrea.

Lesha is right. It is okay to ask for help or to make sure you get out of the house, go out with girlfriends or meet at a friends house for a play date. I have found that talking with other women is so therapeutic.

give me a call whenever!

Have you watched the video from Jeffrey R. Holland on Mormon Messages about never giving up. It would relate to you so well at this time.
Aril