Tuesday, February 2, 2010

MOBY style!

Look, no hands!

Adelle looks a little too comfy in this picture. As much as she is loving being the big sister, she is still the baby girl.
Like in this picture she's saying, "sissy's turn." Emmett is snug as a bug!
The MOBY is so "handy." I can hold Emmett while holding Adelle and still have a free arm to do whatever I want.
I can see him and talk to him....
I can bend over...this is easier to do without holding sis...
I can push the kids on the swings, while holding Emmett in the MOBY. Even if it's a little chilly out he is still warm and cozy.
Emmett loves his MOBY! The bouncy chair is sooo out-done. (but it works well for pictures).

Back in June I was planning a baby shower for my friend Cassie. I too, was pregnant, but not really telling everyone just yet. Our family knew and our kids knew but we hadn't told friends and neighbors as of yet (no reason, just a little shocked ourselves....happy, but shocked). So I'm talking to my friend Shelby on the phone and telling her the date of the shower so that she could plan on coming up from Oregon to attend. She excitedly announces to me that she will attend and that she has this incredible gift to make and give to Cassie. So I ask what it is and she says a MOBY.
No way, I have always wanted a MOBI and never had one! I have two other kids that I'm going to need to still take care of so I need a MOBY! I really want one! I really want Shelby to make ME one!
That is what I was thinking when she told me she was making a MOBY for Cassie. So, I had no choice. If I wanted one, which I did, really badly, it was time to tell the news. I don't remember what I said but something like, "ok, so I have to tell you something. I'm totally pregnant and I really want a MOBY."
It worked! Shelby was so thrilled and when she came up for the shower in July, Cassie and I both got MOBYs.
Thanks Shelbs!
We all love the MOBY!

11 comments:

Vashti said...

OOOOOoooohhhh, that does look fabulous! You are looking so AMAZING, I can't believe you just had a baby. Some people get all the good genes ;)

westcoastsoul said...

That looks awesome! I'm totally getting one when I have kids :D

MAUIGOOSE said...

you look awesome already! and i think your older kids will like it too if you have that free hand to push them on the swing! a win-win-win-win situation - the best kind!
ps - loving the florenscent outfit by your moby model! =)

The Bowldens said...

how cool! that first picture made me crack up! lol
i wanted to get a moby for the longest time, but had already bought a sling, so i just had to stick with that. lets play soon!

Jena said...

I'm so jealous! I totally want a moby! I'm glad to see you like it so much, I might have to make myself one!

Jessica said...

Love it...it looks so handy and comfortable. The picture with Braxton is hilarious.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Excellent gift, I'm glad you're still getting new things with each baby. I want a couple new things but think "too late! I've already had two, I should have already gotten it if I wanted it." Now you are my model mommy :)

Marcy M Miller said...

How neat- does she have a pattern to make one or does she sell them- I think I want one- they look awesome.

Peter and Lesha said...

that is great i love adelle

The Wilson Pratt Wilson Family said...

I love my MOBY too!

Amber & Ammon said...

Love the Moby! I bought 2, cause Autumn stole mine to use while flying. The Moby is a must have, for any parent!!!