Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Monday...




The project
















The audience


















The happy mom













The Basketball player













The barefoot snack snatcher



















Why do Monday's always get such a bad rap? Personally, I really like Mondays. Monday means we are back on a schedule and a new week awaits us. We have a routine (I'm really into routines). Plus, it is right after Sunday and after I've been to church I have this renewed desire to be a better person and live a better life.
Yesterdays Monday was especially fabulous. It was a beautiful day, which is always a really good start. The kids woke up happy and ready for the day. They both napped at the same time and I was able to get out and weed the front flower beds. This has been on my "to do" list for a while. I still can't believe it's February, it really feels like spring. Emmett got to come too because he was not tired at the time. He wore his little ducky jumper in spirit of Spring.
When Braxton woke up he came right out to spectate. He couldn't help me work because he wasn't wearing his work clothes (so Braxton, he has different outfits for everything he does). Right now he is a basketball player for team USA.....GO OLYMPICS. He could however keep me company and take pictures. He's very good at both. Plus he taught me something today that he learned at preschool. Did you know that lady bugs are different colors? I always thought they were red, right? Apparently they are white and yellow too. Fascinating.
Then Adelle woke up and came out barefoot. This girl loves to have her toes in the dirt. This is when my project basically stopped. This girl is so on the move that as soon as I turned back to the beds she would run into the garage, around the corner....making me a nervous mom and unable to really get anything done. So, we had snacks instead...outside, in the sun, all together. It was a really good day. Anything but manic!

3 comments:

April said...

I agree Mondays are always nice.
Paden came home from Preschool and was talking about ladybugs too he said that they come out in the Spring! It's funny how they teach us things and they are only FOUR!
April

Marcy M Miller said...

wow- i can't believe you are out pulling weeds- we still have tons of snow. Lucky you guys to have some spring weather.

Peter and Lesha said...

it was sooooo nice I laid out on the deck and heard Carson say "mom wake up" twenty times (he thought cause my eyes were closed I was asleep I guess) I have to say bring Adelle over any time she cracks me up and I could watch her all day long, Brax is so cute too he is so into wearing the right attire, must make for lots of laundry:)