Monday, January 25, 2010

One Week

I can't believe Emmett is one week old today! Today was our first day out of the house. I honestly don't think I have ever stayed home for a whole week in my whole life...like not even gone on a walk. It was a record but it was wonderful. I was excited and ready to get out today. We took Braxton to preschool. It was great. All three kids in the back seat. I love it....I have a full row!
Emmett is so handsome. He looks so much different than our other babies, similar but different. He is so long and has really big feet, long fingers and toes. He is so good and we are all awing over him.
It was so wonderful having Jeff home for the weekend. None of us wanted him to go back to work today. We got so much rest and relaxation this weekend. It was so great to just be all home together, hanging out.
The weather has been fantastic. Our backyard has saved me once again. Last week Braxton and Adelle were outside everyday digging in the dirt. It was beautiful.
Braxton and Adelle are such champs. They have been so fantastic and so loving to Emmett. They haven't had any jealousy or anything. Adelle is really into helping mom, she wants to sing to baby and rock baby and hold baby and get diapers for baby......she's really helpful and so is Braxton. They love their new brother.
I have been organizing and making room for everything. Now that I know he's a BOY I can eliminate some girl stuff to make room. Although, on Saturday I asked Jeff when we are having another girl. He was like, "you are serious, that's the crazy part." Let's just say I'm not getting rid of everything, just making room.
This empty bin has been the fire-engine this week. Kids are so fun.
Braxton, when he's not pretending to be a lion, fireman, pirate, or police-officer, can be found talking to Emmett. This morning I was changing Adelle and getting her dressed to leave and Emmett woke up. Before I could get to him I heard Braxton in my room talking to him and soothing him. Something like, "hey little guy, it's ok." It was really sweet. I think Jeff was the first one to call Emmett, "little guy," but we all like it and use it for Emmett.

So many thanks to all who have done so much for our family this last week. I love to cook, but I also love not having to cook. I don't like to ask for help either but all of you have so willingly came with good food and warm hearts and I know it's because you want too, not because you feel like you have to.

So...this is basically a cake walk. lol. Braxton is at Preschool, Adelle is napping, Emmett is asleep still in the carseat from taking Braxton to preschool. Now I'm going to go be productive. Laundry....dishes...shower (maybe)?

7 comments:

Jeremy Saunders said...

i think he looks like Braxton! What a cute little family you have!
m

Peter and Lesha said...

so glad you are adjusting so well, so glad it's you and not me:) he is so sweet though and does look so different than the other but very cute. can't wait for him to play with Kate.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

NAP? I didn't see napping mentioned in the possible activities, I think it should be #1.

westcoastsoul said...

Cutie :) Love his name too!

Ms. Molly said...

Andrea, I'm so glad your transition from 4 to 5 is going smoothly. Emmett is a doll just like your other two!

Craison said...

Can't wait to meet him! :)

Ryan said...

wow, i look at some of your pics and i totally see jeff when he was a little guy, but others i'm not sure who he looks like! I totally recognized the red sleeper!!!...every single one of my kids wore that at least once!!! love you, see you soon!
rho