Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dear Valentine

Dear Jeff,
Happy Valentines Day. I've missed you, come home soon! Thank you for being my Valentine for yet another year. I know you aren't a huge fan of this holiday. Your reasoning being, "I love you every day, why does there have to be one day that I'm supposed to impress you?" It makes sense, really, and you are the greatest husband every day of the year! Thank you for being my perfect partner and my best friend. My heart belongs to you:) I love you.
Dear Braxton,
Happy Valentines Day. I was glad that you and I could have special time tonight after Adelle and Emmett were in bed. It was really nice that you told me that Adelle was your best friend. That made me so happy. You are the best big brother any girl or boy could ever ask for. Thank you for being so kind. Thank you for reading to Adelle and Emmett when mommy is busy. Thank you for sleeping with me when daddy was gone. You continue to impress me with your thoughtfulness. I love you.

Dear Adelle,
Happy Valentines Day. Thank you for being such a good big sister to Emmett. I know it has been an adjustment but you are so good to "baby Emmett" and I am thankful that you have been so understanding. Thank you for letting me rock you to sleep last night. I think we both needed that. You aren't one to want to be rocked but I loved every minute of it. I'm glad we got to paint nails last week. You are getting so big to sit there, fingers spread, and let it dry. I'm glad you are still my baby girl. I love you.
Dear Emmett,
Happy Valentines Day. You are already three weeks old. I can't believe it. You are such a sweet boy. I look at you and marvel that not long ago you were in my tummy. You look at me with this face that says, "I love you mom, take care of me." I promise I will. You are so innocent. You are the perfect edition to our family. Thank you for being so flexible. You are so good to have brother and sister hold you and pet you and accidentally kick you. They love you. We all love you. Thank you for cuddling me and breathing in my ear. It is such a peaceful sound. You are here. You are healthy. I love you.

3 comments:

westcoastsoul said...

Aw this is so cute :)

Peter and Lesha said...

that was too sweet it made me cry Kate was up all night last night I don't think I could have been so nice right now:)

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Happy Valentine's day! This is definitely one to print a hard-copy of :)