Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"La Bew"

I'm a bit emotional. I can't get over the fact that Adelle is going to be a big sister. It's so exciting and yet it breaks my heart. I love this little girl and although I never intended for her to be the youngest, she has been the ideal " lil' sis" to us all. She just grew up too fast. She has done everything early and I forget that she is not older than she is. She talks up a storm and is my little stinker. She knows she is cute and uses it very wisely. She is spunky and care-free, giving us all a run for our money and knowing just when to push "brover's" (brother) buttons. She say's "la bew" (love you) now and it's the sweetest sound.
I remember being this pregnant with Adelle, it wasn't really that long ago, and I wondered how I would love another child as much as I loved Braxton. I questioned my ability to care for two and to treat them equally and balance my time....I expected her to be a "girl Brax" because that was all that I knew.
The beautiful thing is that Adelle is nothing like what I expected her to be. She is the opposite of her brother and is the perfect piece to the puzzle we were building. My love for her was so automatic so equal and yet so unique. She has blessed my life so much and because of her I know that baby #3 will bring yet another different little personality to join our bunch.
I already love our new child. I don't know what it will bring but I know it will be wonderful. I am so willing to care for it, not the same, but as much as my other children. They are all so different and yet a loving Heavenly Father graciously enables me to care for them all, just the way they individually need it.
-and as a side note I am so ready to quit saying "it."
My friend Courtney graciously took some pictures of us the other "very cold" day! Check them out!
http://courtneybowlden.com/blog/

8 comments:

The Bowldens said...

i am so excited for your little guy/girl to come too. i know that feeling about having another baby. you are an amazing mom!

Peter and Lesha said...

she is so stinkin perfect, you are too lucky, and it will be sad to add another and watch her try to handle it, I hope things are easy:) but I am sure she will love the new one too. I love how down and dirty she is she just jumps right in.

Christen said...

I must be feeling a little emotional too-post brought tears to my eyes. But I loved reading it because I've had some of the same thoughts about Dawson and baby on the way.

Jessica said...

Well I have my own version of Adelle in my house and I wouldn't trade her for the world. Your Adelle I could eat with a spoon she is stinkin cute!

Nancy and Spencer said...

I'm so excited to find out what you're having. Boy or girl, they'll be so loved and blessed to be in your family.
And I had the same worry about not being able to love Perry as much as I love Kaden. Isn't it amazing that we can grow new hearts for each child? :)

Nancy and Spencer said...

p.s. The awesome quote you have on the right of your blog is from Lisa Wingate: "Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands. Take time with them, teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith. When you are old, nothing else you've done will have mattered as much."
— Lisa Wingate

Ratchfords said...

Very well said!

Good luck! Can't wait to hear about the new little one!

Jeremy Saunders said...

Andrea,
I saw on FB that you had a little boy--Emmett, I wanted to comment, but I couldn't we are not friends yet! Congratulations, and he is such a big baby for how small you were! Braxton has a brother---perfect!
mimi