Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hi Delilah, It's Andrea

"Who am I talking too?"
"It's Andrea."
"Hi Andrea, what's on your heart today?"
"It's my husband."
"What's hubby's name?"
"Jeff."
"And what are you thinking about Jeff?"
"He's just been the most amazing husband and dad this last week, always, but especially this last week. We had our third baby on Monday and he had to go back to work on Wednesday. Every day I count the hours for him to come home. He is such a big support and when he comes home he is so quick to help me and hug me and take care of me. He slept on the couch for half the night last night with our baby because I had been up for so long with him and he knew I needed some sleep to be able to function. Today he took our oldest to the park to play baseball so that the two little ones and I could nap and now he is at Costco with the older two getting the things on my list. I love him so much. My heart is so full. He's so patient with me and makes me feel like I can go on."
"What a guy, Andrea."
"I know, he is."
"Well what song can I play for your special husband?"
"Will you play I Cross My Heart, by Clint Black. I can hear Jeff singing that to me and when he comes home from Costco I want to dance to that song with him."
"I will do that Andrea. You take care of yourself and that sweet little family."
"Thanks Delilah."

9 comments:

Andrew said...

Did you really get on the air??! Sooo cool.

The Bowldens said...

thats so cute andrea!

Jessica said...

I just wanted to say :

1. That I love reading your blog!
2. Congrats on Emmett
3. That is awesome - were you really on the radio or is that just what you dream? ;)

Peter and Lesha said...

ok that was the funniest thing I have ever heard, so you are the corny type that calls into dililah? hahahah Jeff is great and he does such a good job with those kids they love him so much.

Andrea said...

ok people, I didn't really call Delilah. But if I would have....that would have been the conversation!

Nancy and Spencer said...

I knew Jeff would be a great dad from the moment I met his scrawny little self in the MTC. He was and is a great friend and I'm sure he's an even better husband and father. Congrats on #3 guys!

Craison said...

Funny! Also noticed it is time to change your header....need to add Emmett! :O)

CLS said...

That is so cute! I hope Jeff heard it! I remember when we lived on Elizabeth St. and we'd listen to Delilah and cry. I guess we're still nerds :)

April said...

very sweet.
April