Monday, December 2, 2013

GO SEAHAWKS!

Lucky for you all the Seahawks are playing tonight so while my love is watching the game, I am gonna catch up on some blogging! Because let's face it... there is always catching up to do!



The wrestling saga continues. Braxton has gone from being super pumped, to crying and wanting to quit, and now finally to accepting the idea that unless he likes being beat up on, he's gonna have to put up a fight! It's been an altering few weeks but finally tonight Jeff reported after practice that Braxton actually fought back. That's progress. Braxton has really good form, but he isn't super aggressive. It's all a learning process but he's getting it. Lucky for him his dad is coaching him 24/7! What's there not to love about that. pun intended ;)
His first tournament was memorable. He got pinned almost instantly in both matches (mind you he wrestled against the last year state champ) but contrary to my suspicions he didn't get upset he just sort of took it and in the end when he got the bronze medal he was as happy as could be.



Jeff thought he was really funny the other day when he took this selfie and made it the wallpaper on my phone. Well, it got funnier than that! I went to Joannes to buy some felt and here I thought I would use my phone coupon. So I pull it up and hand it to the girl who tells me I must wait, it's not time for the coupon yet. So I put the phone down, only to have her pick it up a few seconds later and here is this hilarious selfie of Jeff, just staring at her. lol!! I laughed out loud and then clumsily tried to find the coupon for the poor girl ;) 


I don't know if I was demoted or promoted but I wasn't assigned to bring pie to Thanksgiving this year at Great Mary's. Instead I was put in charge of vegetables so we made the most of it and created this lovely turkey inspired by pinterest. 


Then a few days later we made these table toppers for Thanksgiving Dinner # 3.  My friend who works in a restaurant gave me a ton of corks so I was glad to make use of them. I didn't have to buy any materials to make these. I started them when I was babysitting Colton and he wanted one so bad that I let him take one home. It was so funny. His mom came to get him and he kept showing them to her and asking her to make them.Then later that night when Gage was in bed Jeff and I and the kids made an assembly line and banged the rest of these babies out. Adelle wrote the names. My little school girl.

Turkey dinner # 1 was at our good friends John and Jama's. They hosted their 1st Annual Friendsgiving and it was so fun and relaxing. There were 10 couples who shared a wonderful feast and good conversation at our adult only party. John's mashed potatoes were so, so, good! I am looking forward to this tradition for many more years.

Turkey dinner # 2 was at Great Mary's. It's always the Sunday before Thanksgiving with all my dad's family. My dad fries up his hooligans and we eat them before the Turkey is served. So good.


The night before Thanksgiving was Braxton's first Pack Meeting where he received his Bobcat badge which he earned. The scouting program has always really intimidated me but I must say after reading the beginning of the book and working with Brax we are off to a good start. I think the program is really awesome and Braxton is completely self motivated to do it. 
This is him pinning me with the mother's pin. 


The boys played in the Turkey Bowl on Thanksgiving morning. It was such a beautiful day and they were ready for some football. Emmett got the ball and apparently ran the wrong way, only to be told, "run the other way," to which he responded by just running in circles. I can totally see it in my mind even though I wasn't there. Adelle, Gage and I read books for the first part of the morning in our cozy jammies and then we eventually got bundled up and walked down to the school to see the boys. Braxton scored a touchdown!!


I took this picture of my mom after commenting on her Thanksgiving attire. She responded something about Duck Dynasty and although I have never seen the show, I think she is spot on! ;) 
Thanksgiving Dinner #3 was on the official day and it was wonderful. My dad took our 3 big kids out to their place in the morning after the football game and Jeff and I played only child with Gage. Aka we put Gage down for a nap and hung out. Then we eventually made it out to the Bay to my parents where we hung out the rest of the day and ate a yummy dinner with most of my mom's family.
Lesha had been up the week leading up to Thanksgiving so we got lots of cousin time with Carson. He spent the night with us and got to go on lots of adventures with us. School for lunch and recess with Adelle and Brax, soccer with Emmett, and pack meeting.

We all enjoyed a really nice, quiet, long weekend after Thanksgiving. We watched some Christmas movies. We made some salt dough ornaments, did a little shopping, lots of sleeping in and being lazy.

In other news I have a much desired sourdough starter that I started all on my own and that has been thriving for a month. It's been really fun to work with and so far our family's favorite is the sourdough pancakes. They are so, so, good! We've also done pizza dough and waffles. 

Jeff and I are reading this book and I am loving it! Lot's of good food for though in there.




2 comments:

Kristin said...

Look at Braxton getting his bobcat. He was so excited. He told us at least 3 times about it.

Baylee said...

I like the idea of a Friendsgiving!! That's awesome!
Sounds like you had a lot of fun and good eats.
Adelle looks so much like you in that last picture! I have a lot of pictures of you from when you would babysit me and you're doing that face! LOL