Thursday, April 14, 2011

this is how we do it...

Emmett always wants what the big kids have. Lately markers are his obsession! He likes to color on whatever he can reach, usually the floor or his own body. So I used my mad mom skills to come up with this brilliant idea...it's the new baby white board! Everybody won this battle.c
Adelle has been down and out for the last 48 hours. My poor girl has not been her happy, jabbery self. She is seriously sleeping in this picture. Sad Lovey girl.
Braxton never seizes to lift my spirits. The first night Adelle was sick I was holding her on the couch while he was at the table drawing. When I put Adelle to bed he showed me his creation. "I drew Jesus with all of us mom because Jesus loves us." If you are wondering why there are 8 stars and 8 clouds you are not alone. I wondered the same thing so I asked him. The reason is obvious, "because when we are 8 we get baptized." Duh.
He then proceeded to clean up his whole room and all of his toys that were scattered about the house before bed. I love what he said when he was done cleaning, "mom, don't you think this is the cleanest our house has ever been!?" No offense taken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Braxton is so sweet! I like your baby whiteboard! ;) Poor Adelle! I hope she gets back to her happy self soon! Love you guys.

Annajean D. said...

Wow. He even WROTE on the picture and he hasn't even started Kindergarten! PLUS came up with the symbolism. I think you have one brilliant kid on your hands!

Peter and Lesha said...

he is so sweet and needs to teach carson to clean up his toys, actually to do lots of things :( yeah carson has been sleeping nonstop too yesterday he was doing better and today even better but still lazy and cuddly