Tuesday, April 5, 2011

story time

Emmett likes to point to all the pictures, especially the dogs!

Braxton is constantly playing with his nose. Is this a phase? Don't know.
No big deal around here, just Adelle trimming her toenails.

Someone noticed the camera.
I've captured all their attention. Yes!

Notice I'm wearing my favorite pants.

"hold on guys, two seconds"

No wonder the pants I am wearing are Jeff's favorite. They are see-through! Never noticed that before.

One of our favorite parts of the day is story time.
Last week the kids got fancy new lawn chairs from their Auntie Angela so they were implemented into story time.
These pictures cracked me up for two reasons:
1. They are so candid and honest
2. Jeff got the camera and took these all on his own. I think my photo obsession is becoming contagious.

We love books around here but I've been frustrated lately with the content of children's books.
When we go to the library it's free for all. That's part of the fun the kids can pick any book they want. Lately I've noticed that as I read them to the kids I am leaving out some of the words. Why would the words stupid and hate be included in these easy reads?
As an addition to the books the kids pick out I have been getting onto the library website and reserving books ahead of time that I think we would all enjoy. It's fantastic because I can reserve them from home and they have them ready the next time we go. All I have to do is find my folder and check them out.
What are your favorite kids books so we can check them out?

8 comments:

Doneva said...

So sweet, I love all of their unique personalities, so creative, kind, loving, fun, and smart because you read to them everyday, good job 'Wonderwomen" as Brax would say.

Jessica said...

You are amazing! Bear sleeps in bear I s scared bear wants more there is a whole series of bear books and they are so fun and have great pictures.

Jessica said...

Smitten is super cute. Find that one! :)

Peter and Lesha said...

so funny typical Adelle. Love it. we love reading hear too sometimes I think a little too much :) our favorites are Lama Lama mad at Mama it's cute and there is a whole series too:)

Vashti said...

Olivia loves all the Fancy Nancy books (as do I). We are pretty hardcore with Dr. Suess as well.
We also love the Critter books by Mercer Mayer and the Bernstein Bear books.

Joan said...

"I'll Love You Forever" is my favorite, but I have a hard time reading it aloud because I just bawl every time.

Jeremy Saunders said...

The nose thing looks like a baseball thing, I have seen baseball players do that a lot.
There are sooooo many good books, I agree with all the comments, "LOve you forever" is my favorite. I love love love Eric Carle for his art, Kevin Henkes, Skippy Jon Jones series is my fave, but might be too much for the little ones, Brax may get into those, The Pigeon series, ahh.. there are too many to list!
mimi

Kirsta 'n co. said...

We love "I saw an Ant on the Railroad track" and associated "I saw an Ant in a parking lot" - great stories, rhymes, and cool illustrations. Also "Little Blue Truck" has a great moral, and "dinosaur Roar" shows opposites. We also like the "Francis" series, like "bread and jam for Francis" which teaches funny life lessons, like why you can't eat your favorite food for every meal. Happy reading!