Saturday, February 5, 2011

Timeless

So now I'm 29!
As of today!
I like it already.
We took the kids up to Newton Wave Pool last night. Timeless. This was where most of my birthday parties were spent growing up. Lots of giddy girls, piled in the back of my dad's carpeted truck-bed,headed up to Canada to ride the waves. Last night was similar. Giddy kids, secured in their car-seats, headed up to Canada to get our swim on. Too fun, this is the only picture I got.
I've been celebrating all week:
*baked salmon day 1
*fish tacos day 2
*shrimp and scallops over lemon noodles day 3
*left overs of days 1, 2, and 3 day 4
*fish n' chips with yam fries day 5
I started to read a book with hopes to finish in the near future, this will take some effort but I've dedicated myself to it.
The kids slept in today which was a real gift.
We are going for a long walk. Together. My favorite.
Jeff made me french toast and bacon, also timeless. I love breakfast.
I'm officially running now, thanks to my friend who challenged me to run a 1/2 marathon with her before we are 30. I'm loving it and I can feel myself getting back into running mode.
I bought dental floss in hopes to use it. Gross that I've never been a floss-er but never too late to start, right?
Checked out the Dr. Seuss Happy Birthday To You book at the library. This caught my eye when the kids and I were there this last week and it is a new favorite. A new tradition for all birthdays.
Thanks Mom for birthing me! You deserve the celebration!

9 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

Glad the kids got to use their swimsuits.Everybody looks happy. Glad you had a Happy Birthday.

Peter and Lesha said...

how fun love the wave pool happy birthday I will be watching you fun the 1/2 marathon for sure but if you ever want to do a 5k let me know.

Peter and Lesha said...

run not fun for sure

Tay Abbie Mia said...

I have been running for about 8 months now. I love it. Puts me in a whole different mood when I'm done. That's a good thing :) I'm up to 3.5 miles straight without stopping. I think for 40 that's not to bad :) Happy belated Birthday!!

Lori

Annajean D. said...

Andrea-HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Speaking of birthdays I was told today that 28/29 is a good age "because you're you're not young and you're not old." I LOVE it! Have a good one!

Jessica said...

Happy Happy Birthday To You!! 29 is going to be the best year yet I am gearing up.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! The Newton Wave Pool is so fun. Lesha introduced me to it, and I love it. Kids sleeping in is one of my favorite gifts.

Jeremy Saunders said...

Happy Birthday Andrea! What a nice time you had!
mimi

Anonymous said...

I remember going to the wave pool with you guys! And riding in the back of your dads truck. Happy (belated) birthday! Actually, happy birthday MONTH! :D I love you and hope you had a great day!! -Baylee